Best home ceramic kit

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sadly traded in the Charger Hellcat on a new 2020 Ram Laramie.
It’s my DD and will be in the garage but lives outside of my office 9-10hrs/day.
My brother used to detail at a dealer and now just does it on the side.
We’d like to do a paint correction and then ceramic coating.
What would you recommend?
Any help appreciated.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Still needs tint, but I custom ordered it with the Night package and air suspension.
First truck I’ve ever ordered and it rides like a luxury car.
Only mod will be tint and maybe tires, the stock 22s claim to be forged.
-J
A5F447AF-836E-4C0E-A026-F9C63FF2BDFE.jpeg
930B9559-78C3-45A0-A9E2-46C6E1CA7093.jpeg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I really like the Mequires hybrid myself. It’s a thing that anyone can do. Once a month and my truck just beads like a bitch.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Great looking truck!!!

If you want to do it more quickly and easier than a 'real' ceramic/glass coating, the hybrids/spray on wipe off 'ceramic' coatings are the way to go. Adam's has an excellent one, GYEON as well. I don't have experience with Meg's but hear good things (see above post as well).

I'd probably hit it with these type products every 4-6 months and you'd be good to go. Very easy to apply/remove/use.

Now, for a traditional/real ceramic/glass coating, there are some very good ones available OTC for non-pro use.

One of my favs is 22ple HPC. It is almost on par with most pro coatings IMO. (a bit expensive, but...)

GYEON, Carpro, Gtechniq, etc. All very good products

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking truck!!!

If you want to do it more quickly and easier than a 'real' ceramic/glass coating, the hybrids/spray on wipe off 'ceramic' coatings are the way to go. Adam's has an excellent one, GYEON as well. I don't have experience with Meg's but hear good things (see above post as well).

I'd probably hit it with these type products every 4-6 months and you'd be good to go. Very easy to apply/remove/use.

Now, for a traditional/real ceramic/glass coating, there are some very good ones available OTC for non-pro use.

One of my favs is 22ple HPC. It is almost on par with most pro coatings IMO. (a bit expensive, but...)

GYEON, Carpro, Gtechniq, etc. All very good products
Thanks I did the Meg Hybrid with Turtle Wax ICE as the topper and it kept the black Charger very nice.
This being my first new car since ceramics have become OTC and my brother wants to do as a project with me, I think I’ll try your suggestion and report back.
Thanks again guys.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your HD truck came out great! How many miles on it?

I'm fortunate to have had my buddy do a professional ceramic coating on my G-70 (no cost) when it was brand new. But if I was looking to do something close myself, that Adams product looks to be a strong choice.

blue 07

Established Member
Your HD truck came out great! How many miles on it?

I'm fortunate to have had my buddy do a professional ceramic coating on my G-70 (no cost) when it was brand new. But if I was looking to do something close myself, that Adams product looks to be a strong choice.
108,580 for miles. The spray on ceramic coating went on very easy, micro fiber towel to buff off and hit it with Adams Ceramic Boost as a topper. Insane shine and beads water like crazy. They also have it in a paste wax and liquid as well. Only use ceramic coating on my dd's, my stangs get Adams Brillant Glaze and Adams Patriot Wax. Ceramic is easier to keep up with on my dd's but both stangs are show cars so that get the anal attention lol !

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
You still have to use detailing clay if you do the ceramic coating, correct? I trash a clay bar on each of my cars every 3-4 months.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The main drawback I've heard with ceramic coatings is water spotting can be a pain. I've been meaning for ages to get the McKee's paint coating onto my car and the second bottle I got is probably bad as well (first bottle went bad after a year and McKee sent a second for free). From all the reviews I've read and if you don't mind hand cleaning your car from time to time, Turtle Wax Seal N Shine is legit stuff (they also have hybrid line with a ceramic spray). At the moment, I use Meguiars HCW because I get it for a steal and it does a great job as well.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Shit looks Dope bro! Badass! Yes, needs some tints lol. Wow didn't realize u had a Hellcat.

Still needs tint, but I custom ordered it with the Night package and air suspension.
First truck I’ve ever ordered and it rides like a luxury car.
Only mod will be tint and maybe tires, the stock 22s claim to be forged.
-JView attachment 1627080View attachment 1627081

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I have been using Mckees 37 ceramic kit because all the detailing forums say it is the most user friendly. It is the first ceramic I used. Do not have to worry about high spots etc as much with it. Not as "strong" as some others but still 2 year protection they claim. The kit is affordable too, comes with glass, wheel and paint ceramic.

blue 07

Established Member
You still have to use detailing clay if you do the ceramic coating, correct? I trash a clay bar on each of my cars every 3-4 months.
Yup. There is different kinds of ceramics these days, with different levels of applications. A full ceramic coating, spray like I used, should have a full paint correction done since you don't want to "seal" in all the scratches. Making the car completely scratch free and then applying ceramic to it gives the paint its best depth and shine. If you don't want to do a full paint correction, then you can apply a ceramic paste wax etc just like you would do with your usual wax, and it will provide the longevity and shine of ceramic, but your scratches will still be there. But in all cases, a clay bar should be used to remove contaminates and get your paint back to a baby soft feel before anything is applied.

5.0Black

Established Member
Sadly traded in the Charger Hellcat on a new 2020 Ram Laramie.
It’s my DD and will be in the garage but lives outside of my office 9-10hrs/day.
My brother used to detail at a dealer and now just does it on the side.
We’d like to do a paint correction and then ceramic coating.
What would you recommend?
Any help appreciated.
-J

OP- I would recommend Gtechniq CSL + EXOv4 as a topper if you want a legit ceramic coating that is very consumer friendly to apply. The results and performance are more professional than other consumer intended ceramic coating products I have used. I did a 20 month write up of it on my personal mustang on this forum https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/gtechniq-csl-exo-20-month-update.1183484/.

For any true ceramic you need to do a decontamination wash, paint correction, panel wipe/eraser then you apply the ceramic coating itself.

Here are a couple of photos:
48920372602_80cd3f0089_k.jpg
IMG_0318 by Sean C, on Flickr
48920372417_4b4ff80b66_k.jpg
IMG_E0310 by Sean C, on Flickr

Using clay is rewarding to me. I’m afraid of new technology when it comes to paint care.....

Have you tried the nanoskin mit. I just tried it out recently and it does a surprisingly good job and saves you a boatload of time over traditional claying.

Users who are viewing this thread