• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Best line-lock for 2007 GT500?

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by cstunkard, Apr 21, 2017.

1. cstunkard

cstunkard Member Premium Member Established Member

Finally getting around to doing this... so what is the best line-lock for a 2007 GT500?
    All opinions welcome but please tell me why you like or don't like specific options.
    Thanks

2. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

JPC makes a really nice line lock kit and im running it in my car. The Hurst kit doesnt look bad either, but jts a little more complicated than the JPC

3. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member SVTP OG 4 Life

JPC in both cars, what my tuner's shop installs.....( JDM )

4. IronTerp

IronTerp Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc. Moderator

I have an SLP in my 07'. Good fit, finish, and operation. Install was fine. Reasonably priced. Has worked without issue for five years.

That being said, I also had one on my 03'. Solenoid broke after two track visits.

5. Fast Ford

Fast Ford Active Member Established Member

Hurst or JPC don't make a kit for 07 to 09 GT500. The only manufactures I found for the 07 to 09's were Granatelli, SLP and VMP. The Granatelli and VMP kits were both twin solenoid unlike the SLP which is a single solenoid kit.

I went with the SLP kit from LMR. It takes up less room and is a direct bolt in for the most part.

6. cstunkard

cstunkard Member Premium Member Established Member

Thank you for the responses and information. Any photos of final install would also be appreciated.
    Thanks!