Best looking wheels on Red Shelby With White Stripes

Best wheels on a Red Shelby with white stripes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I am at the point where I need to get a new set of street tires, so naturally, I am revisiting whether it makes sense to spend the $ to purchase a nice set of 20" wheels to go along with the tires. I have a red Shelby GT500 with white stripes and I have found it a bit difficult to find a set of wheels that looks like they belong.

I formerly had triple chrome plated CS66 Shelby wheels on my car. Loved the wheels themselves, but the chrome didn't seem to go best with the car. I have investigated wheel threads on this thread, and I have run across some alternative options. The options I am considering at this point are the following:

1) 20" CS40 Wheels with Gloss Black offset;

shelby_cs40_blk_lg.jpg

2) 20" CS66 Wheels with Gloss Black offset;

cs66b.jpg

3) 20" Alcoa (Super Snakes) Wheels;

supersnakewheels_lg.jpg

4) 20" Black Alcoa Wheels.

shelby_super_snake_black_lg.jpg

Anyone care to share their opinion on the wheel that best compliments a Red Shelby GT500 with white stripes? Thanks guys!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
True Forged

Getting quite a variety of opinions already - good stuff!

True Forged makes some nice stuff and I thought of including the Reval wheel in the poll. They are more on the expensive side compared to the Shelby wheels, but I do like the ability to customize a bit. The only problem with that is the Gold options look so darn good and I don't have anything gold on my car. It is tough to consider an anthracite look after seeing how nice the Gold looks!

rdsnk46

Established Member
White stripes are not to my liking, I'd swap for the alloy stripes and go with a grey wheel.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I think you pointed to the heart of the problem I am having with the white stripes rdsnk46. The White striping is a bit difficult to match up to a complimentary wheel for me. I can envision a grey wheel with the alloy stripes. I can also envision an black Alcoa with black striping.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I voted durabrite alcoas, I prefer the black, but the white stripes are a tough one, I mean it looks great, nice car, just tough if you're like me (sounds like you are) and you like to match the theme of the colors on the car for a nice integrated look.

But I also give a nod to talking with Steve & see if there's a TF that'll give a nice look and reasonably in your price range.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks for the post Daffy. A friend of mine was suggesting going the black stripes and black wheels, but in my opinion, the best complimentary color (wheel-wise) to red is actually gold. I think gold striping would look pretty cool, especially combined with a gold wheel.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Removing the stripes could solve some issues. Problem is that I like stripes, so what is a guy to do? :)

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
as she sits go with the durabrite alcoas. if you're changing stripes then i'd go with black stripes and black alcoas

rdsnk46

Established Member
I think polishEd is the only way to go with the current combo, I personally dont like the Alcoas. They are odd to me for some reason.....tire choice is very important to me. The Alcoas dont offer much choice due to offset.

Users who are viewing this thread