Best MAF for blow through boost setups 11-14

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Hey everyone,

I've recently done a procharger stage II D1sc install and dyno tune on my 2011 Mustang GT and the signal for the MAF in the intercooler isn't amazingly awesome. With that being said, are there aftermarket MAF's that handle this better?

bunits19714

Established Member
?? did you check all your connections on your extension harness- The procharger set up usually is a very solid signal- Was your kit new or used?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Everything is solid. Connections are good, and seemed to dyno fine at WOT. The kit is new btw. We noticed that at idle, the MAF signal seemed rough. We also noticed that the STFT's aren't tuning as cleanly as when I was NA. So, I was toying with the idea of an upgraded MAF.

Curt@injected

Usually the stock maf is sufficient for most all applications. We have a twin turbo car that makes almost 1500 wheel with the stock maf.. Any chance the bypass wasn't opening or something?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
That's a good question. I plan on getting it back on the dyno to do some additional troubleshooting and we will add that as a thing to watch. Would air leaking past the MAF cause an issue like this? Reason I ask is, I just realized that I re-used the rubber gasket from my pmas MAF mounting point for the intercooler mounting point. Should I have not re-used the gasket? Idle is seeking quite a bit as well.

stang910

Established Member
I wouldn't spend money on a new maf. It's not needed simple as that. If your having driveability or idle issues you should look somewhere else for the problem.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Thanks for all the input. I'm probably getting a rough signal from a small leak somewhere. I did pressure test the system and it held steady pressure up to 21lbs of air. But right at 22lbs it would start dropping. However, I didn't re-pressure test after the dyno tune, where we were consistently pushing the system while it was heating up and cooling down, so maybe I've got a new leak somewhere. I'll re-pressure test and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread