Best Microfibers

Sirraf

Established Member
I have recently purchased some supposedly good grade microfiber towels, but they leave lint everywhere on the car when I am detailing it. I have washed these towels a few times as well by themselves and I cant get rid of the lint. Anyone have suggestions on what microfibers to try out next?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those are pretty decent Sid. Good rating by customers. Another good one at Amazon is this one.

Meguires microfiber towels are good, too.

I know what you mean about the link issue. I bought a package of microfiber towels at Costco a few years ago and had link issues, too. My wife now uses them around the house.

I might change it up and go with those next time.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As oldstv said, the Rag Company Eagle Edgeless 16 x 24. Best I have found and so far and I have tried a bunch.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The best I have personally found are the Adam's single ply and/or double ply microfiber towels.
They aren't cheap, but they are super soft and work very well. I only use them once as well. One and done, in the trash.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have heard a lot of good things about the rag company on /r/autodetailing, will most likely give it a try next time I remember to order MF's.

jk57

Established Member
Rag shop has a good selection of towels to choose from very happy with the ones I got

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Griots Garage PFM towels. Best I’ve ever used
I use the Groit's Garage PFM extra large drying microfiber towel for my truck after washing. Super soft and an awesome product.
Expensive for a drying towel though. I think it cost me about 36 bucks for one. :confused: o_O :confused:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

I have used many styles and brands. These are the best.
Been with em for over 2 years now.
I use different colors based on what's being done to the car, Ie wax, detail spray, sealant, etc. They are the only ones that touch my paint.

When I wash them I keep like colors together to avoid cross contamination.
Luke warm water, dry on low with NO fabric softener sheet.
You want them to retain their static charge. Static charge attracts dust off the paint

I use Sams Club 20 pack for wheels, engine bay etc than throw em out.
I leaf blow my car to reduce the water amount and saturation of the micofiber

FastEddie09

Established Member
I really like the Chemical guys. Yellow ones on Amazon.
ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-FJvCb38PNSRY

blue 07

Established Member
The best I have personally found are the Adam's single ply and/or double ply microfiber towels.
They aren't cheap, but they are super soft and work very well. I only use them once as well. One and done, in the trash.
Are you serious ? Send them to me and I'll take them ! Microfiber towels are very easy to take care of. If cared for properly and depending on use, you can get a year or two of scratch free drying and polishing.You aren't far from me, bag them and I'll be down to get them .

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I wash mine with mf soap, and put them in the dryer without heat. They come out clean and soft and ready to be used again.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
As oldstv said, the Rag Company Eagle Edgeless 16 x 24. Best I have found and so far and I have tried a bunch.
I ordered a pack of these along with everything else (polisher, product ect) junkman loves them and his system did wonders for me back on my old black RX8. Hoping to bring this black Shelby to show condition.

Users who are viewing this thread