Best Muscle / Sports Car for the Money

cleghornm

Established Member
What do members think is the best muscle / sports car for the money? I have been looking at the new Mustang GT Premium, the Scat Pack Challenger, Camaro 1LE, and the new Corvette. So far the challenegr Scat Pack in my mind leads the way. Brembo brakes, exhaust cutouts, very nice interior and the 6.4 liter Hemi. What are your thoughts.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Not being bias but I think your best value WOULD be the mustang. Not perfect but you can improve on what you wish with probably the widest variety of upgrades.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
07 to 14 GT500, definitely the best building block/muscle car in my opinion

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" best muscle / sports car for the money? "
As the GT500 is no longer made, I would say a HellCat, not much else @ that pricepoint.

Mlarv

2013 Shelby GT500
Established Member
Well I would go with a question for you. What is the price point you are talking about. The Corvette is best all around hands down. The Challenger looks good but it is made by Dodge and their quality is crap, hands down the worse on the market based on the only two Dodges I have owned a 2006 Ram and a 2014 Jeep. Between the crappy TIPM and electrical systems my 14 has been in the shop more then Ford I have ever owned in the first year of owner ship. Never again Dodge. Chevy has their problems right now but the Vette only has two recalls on it that I know of both pretty simple and stupid problems. The new GT will need to be proved before I judge it. There are a lot of after market parts out there for all these. Sp the question is do you want to go fast on a road course, straight line or just cruise it and enjoy.

1 Vette
2 Mustang
3 Anything else but a Dodge

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Oh, I'll tell you something I heard last not that surprised the shit out of me. A buddy who has a 12 Z06 (I'm pretty sure), had his car and his wife's brand new ecoboost stang at the cruise in last night. He said the ride quality and interior of the mustang blows his Z06 away. And before the shit hits the fan, I'm not saying that, the dude who owns both cars said that. tifwiw

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
I've been looking at the Scat Pak Challenger also. Maybe not the best bang for the buck, but man they look good. I'll never own another GM product (burned me twice in a row).

cleghornm

Established Member
485 horsepower in the challenger with brembo brakes all around can be had for 38k. The 2015 mustang GT premium is 40-45k? I know the challenger is heavier. Will the hellcat be a collector car?

shelbysvt

Established Member
The answer for sports car is obvious. 2015 corvette zo6. It's a 10 second 1/4 factory car, and goes 0-60 in under 3. Which for a RWD under 100k car, is just out of this world. As far as muscle car, I'd put it between the shelby gt350 and the z28.

Last edited:

mikejaeggi

Established Member
The answer for sports car is obvious. 2015 corvette zo6. It's a 10 second 1/4 factory car and goes 0-60 in under 3. Which for a RWD under 100k is just out of this world. As far as muscle car I'd put it between the shelby gt350 and the z28.

I agree 100%, the new ZO6 is a world class super car.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
The answer for sports car is obvious. 2015 corvette zo6. It's a 10 second 1/4 factory car, and goes 0-60 in under 3. Which for a RWD under 100k car, is just out of this world. As far as muscle car, I'd put it between the shelby gt350 and the z28.

My friend I am not sure where you saw the 15 Zo6 going in the 10's in the 1/4 mile but you were a bit off. Car and Driver has it doing 11.1 in the 1/4.
http://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/corvette-z06

Users who are viewing this thread