Best Nitrous for "L"

smilin jack

Established Member
i know this has been discussed many times b4 but i don't think i've gotten the answer i've been looking for. if i am going to install a 75 shot...... what is the best system, or mixture of components, that i can install? i am interested not only in performance but also quality and safeguards for the motor. please be specific, with personal experience.....thanks, jack

aneima6

Established Member
i don't know if nitrous express(NX) makes a 75 shot for the L but they have a very good repuatation for giving performance and quality for all sports vechicles.

smilin jack

Established Member
hey morrisc, how's it goin? thanks for the reply, i have a couple of q's about your system. what type of system and where does it enter the intake air? did you do it yourself? about how much did it cost you (to have it ?) installed? can you tell a big difference and how come you went with a 35 ? thanks, i'm getting real close to my install and i want to make sure i get the best match up for my 2000. any other comments about your system and it's operation (good or bad) will be appreciated. later, jack

morrisc

Established Member
Smillin Jack. I run a NX 75 shot wet system. I did not do the install myself if you want prices drop me a email. The nitrous system is awesome I run JDMs nitrous program with a 35 shot. The reason for the 35 shot is to get use to the system. Jims program will alow me to run up to a 75 shot. keep one thing in mind smillin jack because our trucks are blown if you run a 35 shot it is equal to a 70 shot.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Aftercooler in a bottle! :D I've seen quite a few trucks running the 75 wet shot lately. The newest MM&FF had a JDM Lightning shootout in it. Dave and quite a few other SVT personalities were there. Alot of the L's there were using the 75 wet shot. Good luck and kepp us posted on how much time difference and which shot is your using.

smilin jack

Established Member
thanks guys, you learn somethin' new everyday with these L's don't you! is it correct that a wet shot is added with the fuel? if so, where does the mix occur and where is it injected? is the wet safer than the dry? thanks again...........jack

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The mix occurs right at the injection point. There is a Y type nozzle that has fuel on one side and N2O on the other. Most companies tell you to place the nozzle as close to the TB as possible. From what I've seen the wet is safer than the dry provided you keep the jets synchronized. Don't change the N2O jet and leave the fuel jet alone hoping to gain that extra tenth. That will really lean the vehicle out. :eek:

smilin jack

Established Member
thanks gr8, one more 'q'. is that 'y' fitting fed with an additional fuel line? if so, where does it originate. if not, where is that connection made and how? thanks....jack

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm not sure if the L's are returnless fuel systems, but if they are you connect the fuel side right into the fuel rail at the test port and run the line back to the fuel solenoid and out of there to the fogger nozzle.

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
GR8 is correct on that Jack,
The whole kit will consist of a 12 ft stainless line, 3 two ft stainless lines,1 nitrous solenoid,1fuel solenoid,1 10 lb bottle with brackets,all fittings,jets and fogger nozzel will be included and is an adjustable kit from 35-175 hp.

You definately want to invest in ... a nitrous press gauge,
a fuel press safety switch and a warmer.

I wouldnt spray more than a 75 shot at most with the SC on the truck because the juice will make the SC efficiency increase by up to 25 percent :eek:

If you need any more info just yell because GR8WHITE is the Sultan of Supercharging and Im the Guru of Gas :D

Later

smilin jack

Established Member
okay guys, thanks for all the info it is much appreciated. am i correct in assuming that we are still talking about the NX system? if not what would your recommendation be? thanks....jack

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
The NX or the Works system will do.

They are basically the same , but NX claims thier kit has the best quality out of all the kits on the market.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread