• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Best Place to buy an MGW shifter.

Discussion in 'Driveline' started by Stang2WRX, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dragon40k

dragon40k New Member Established Member

I just ordered mine with the red handle. I can't wait.

2. Stang2WRX

Stang2WRX New Member Established Member

Umm, You left them in but you thought it said not to install them on a T56???

One of the reason's I bought this shifter was for the stops... and you're post needs some clarifying.

3. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Get Some! Established Member

question, when you guys had the stock shifter, did the shifts feel very notchy and not want to go into gear? sometimes I really have to push hard to get them in gear and I dont know if its because of the crappy stock shifter or something else is wrong. I already know from reading numerous posts on numerous mustang sites that I am getting the MGW shifter but I dont want to get it and install it and find out my trans is bad and then the dealership try to say its because I have an aftermarket shifter.

4. missile man

missile man New Member Established Member

So hang on to your stock shifter and make the switch if your tranny is found to be bad.

5. missile man

missile man New Member Established Member

You guys are killin me. I ordered mine on Friday. I can't wait either. This is my early B-day present. When is Father's Day! LOL!!!

6. Stang2WRX

did you sell it already? When i was updating the trader ratings thread, i saw some guy said he bought it from u, but i think he meant shifter HANDLE.

7. BigSweezey

BigSweezey <insert witty title here> Established Member

Yeah....I'll be getting mine next week. I tried to get there friday, but was too late...damn job of mine. hehe

8. JAXCOBRA99

JAXCOBRA99 New Member Established Member

Ordered mine today!. So i'm a little confused by someone's post above.. Do you remove the Allen Screws or is the Stops already preset for our cars?

Thanks!
    Brian

9. Stang2WRX

the stops come threaded all the way in so the lever is stationary during shipping. If it didn't come like that, the lever could bang back and forth and scar itself. Now, apparently the T-56 ha "internal stops" but i am paranoid of breaking the clutch fork... MGW states that Tremec ensures that shift stops are un-necessary for the T-56. I took their word for it, hopefully they were right.

10. 1kftlbs

1kftlbs Member Established Member

MGW, I also ordered one for my T-56 about 2 months ago and it is great. The best shifter I have ever felt. Thank you for making a great product!!!

11. BadMoFo

ok just ordered mine, I know its one of the quiter shifters out there but I know I read somewhere someone has a gasket that helps to, anyone know where that is at?

12. BigSweezey

BigSweezey <insert witty title here> Established Member

13. BadMoFo

thanks! just ordered that to. hopefully it will all be here before the easter holiday so it will make the drive a little easier.

14. FordFreak

FordFreak New Member Established Member

nm

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  15. JAXCOBRA99

JAXCOBRA99 New Member Established Member

So I'm about 5'11 and like to sit laid back a bit.. What would be the best 360 degree position on the shifter? Is everyone finding like 7'oClock position the best or is everyone locking in different positions based on feel?

Thanks
    Brian.

16. Wings65288

Wings65288 Well-Known Member Established Member

yea i use 7:30 i'm 5'10". another thing, should i change my tranny fluid? because when i did the install the fluid barely came up to where i could see it, is this normal? and honestly here, will going with GM syncromesh really smoothe out the shifts and make powershifting easier? bottom line, what will make powershifting easier?

17. BadMoFo

hhhm ordered mine on the 18th still not here, today is the 24th. really hope it shows up today so I can install before my road trip.

18. BadMoFo

well it showed up along with my dr's. but only problem ups man showed up so late I will have to wait to install this weekend. oh well at least once I get to my destination I can install there for some drag racing and the trip back. very in depth instructions, very nice, pics are just th eright touch to. gets a big thumbs up in my book. will probably coment more after the install.

19. jackers

jackers Solid Axle Equipt Established Member

GM Synchromesh, half a bottle of Ford Friction Modifier (XL-7) and a Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Firewall Adjuster. There is not better shifting a Terminator than with those mods matched with the MGW shifter. Period.....

20. Wings65288

Wings65288 Well-Known Member Established Member

thanks jackers, i'll take your advice. i remember reading something on that Fiore clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster, where can i get one of those and how much? now i just need to go to a GM dealership and get some of that synchromesh and then to ford for the friction modifier. thanks again jackers, please respond when you get a chance.