Best polish and method to clean ccw’s

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
A8D4D8C6-E392-4A85-9C25-C5878F5F060B.jpeg
C649BFB6-2322-48ED-A73D-35F209A867C3.jpeg
10C70D50-486C-45A1-9D89-DEDDEBA92F1A.jpeg
Took my wheels apart to get powdercoated and figured it would be a good time to get in there and polish the lips. I’ve used mothers mag polish and flitz polish started both by hand and didn’t get good results so then I used a drill and got the same results. After polishing the lips are very hazy and dull Almost like polish is still on there. Also leaves a ton of fine scratches which supposedly the flitz polish gets rid of. Is there a better method or am I doing it wrong? Lol.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I have owned 4 sets of high end polished wheels. From my experience, even the smoothest micro fiber will still leave "micro marring" in the wheel. White Diamond is probably the safest choice to use as it has a mild abrasive along with a sealant. If that makes sense.

Once the micro marring has been introduced into the wheel, the only way that I know of to remove it, is by wet sanding and polishing. Along the lines of how guys polish their catbacks to a mirror finish.....different grades of sandpaper, lots of polish etc

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I have owned 4 sets of high end polished wheels. From my experience, even the smoothest micro fiber will still leave "micro marring" in the wheel. White Diamond is probably the safest choice to use as it has a mild abrasive along with a sealant. If that makes sense.

Once the micro marring has been introduced into the wheel, the only way that I know of to remove it, is by wet sanding and polishing. Along the lines of how guys polish their catbacks to a mirror finish.....different grades of sandpaper, lots of polish etc
I did the whole sanding the exhaust thing. Giant PITA. If that’s the case then guess I’ll just leave it the way it is

Users who are viewing this thread