Best Specialty Auto Insurance - Grungy, Heacock, Hagerty???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Who have you used, and what was your experience? I'm thinking about switching coverage on the Lightning and Cobra.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm currently with hagerty for my mach. I do plan to shop a couple new companies at renewal just for pricing.

I have not had a claim so far but I ended up with them because of the following

1) I gave them a list of all the parts on my car and the new replacement cost + current book value of the car and they agreed to cover it for that $ amount. They are fully aware many of the parts were bought used. Some others wouldn't agree to my total value (50k), they came in closer to 30k.

2) Their terms/wording as to permissible use were inline with how I use it (ie driving to work a couple times a month on nice days etc...). Grundy said I was NOT allowed to do that, ever. It seems many strictly limit you to driving to and from a repair shop or to/from a car event and even if you stop at the store on the way home they may not cover you while in the parking lot.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had Grundy for both of my Cobra's and now on my CTS V. It is very affordable, covers an agreed value amount, but has use restrictions. I've never had a claim, so I can't answer your main question/concern.

I would think/like to believe that if you are within the scope of the policy, there should not be an issue with claims.

cbj5259

Established Member
Hagerty are ripoff artists...I used Grundy for years. Always beat the snot outta Hagerty and Heacock...at least for my Viper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blown 89

Established Member
The Continental and my dad's Mclaren are under Hagerty. I'm pretty sure they made a mistake insuring the McLaren so until they realize their error and add some zeros to the bill we're keeping both cars with them.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been with Grundy for 2 years now going on 3. No issues. They want the full amount up front. I have my car at agreed value at 43K and I pay 435 a year.

You MUST have a daily driver and those cars must be garaged when not in use. Cannot use those vehicles to drive to work or the shopping mall. That's fine by me, as I very, very rarely leave my car unattended unless at a car show/car meet.

sleek98

Established Member
I used Berkeley insurance. They were dirt cheap 155/yr for 16k in coverage. Rear ended a Tahoe when the car in front of them pannic stopped and I couldn’t. Sent out an adjuster and said car can be fixed. ended up with 13k in damage. Cut the check and raised my rate 6 bucks a year at the next renewal.

My accident was on the way to Costco. They didn’t care if I drove it to work/errands as long as it was not my daily driver.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Cannot use those vehicles to drive to work or the shopping mall.

So basically it's just " show" insurance?

Like you I rarely if ever drive my cars.. ( both combined have maybe 2000 miles in the last year) but occasionally I'll go out to the mall in lubbock TX, or to the grocery store

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So basically it's just " show" insurance?

Like you I rarely if ever drive my cars.. ( both combined have maybe 2000 miles in the last year) but occasionally I'll go out to the mall in lubbock TX, or to the grocery store
You can take it to car shows, cruise ins and cruising, but taking it to places like the mall or food shopping are out of the question.
I use my daily driver for all those things. I forgot to add, unlimited mileage as well.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
You can take it to car shows, cruise ins and cruising, but taking it to places like the mall or food shopping are out of the question.
I use my daily driver for all those things. I forgot to add, unlimited mileage as well.
What if the car show is at the mall?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZGARiNE2OIaILoMgnU1TQEnrkt4b4eoe8hOjAZIAS3J3mjkwD.jpg

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Screw Hagerty. They screwed my Dad on a $80 tow when he broke down on a busy highway. They were such idiots our agent pulled all his clients out of Hagerty on principle.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
No Hagerty but I had Heacock on my 93R and 95R back when it was Parish insurance then switched over to Grundy for my 04 Mystic. Had them for 7 years then switched back to Heacock for my 2014 Shelby. Never had issues with either company and both were great but Heacock had the best rates by far over the others for my Shelby.

o2gt

Established Member
we have Chubb and they have always been very helpful. I suspect we pay a bit more for it, but honestly when we have needed them they did a great job.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Have 11 cars with Hagerty. No issues, but no claims either. We use an agent, for all insurance (home, auto, umbrella, and business) so they would be able to help if there was a claim.

GodStang

Established Member
Holy crap I just checked Hagerty and they are $400 more a year than State Farm. I did not think anyone could be more than State farm let alone $400 more.

CV355

_
Established Member
I am using State Farm for the GT500, waiting to complete the Mach 1 before I insure it beyond fire/theft.

I really wish there were pay-by-the-mile insurance opportunities in this area- I commute 6 miles a day, total. It's a total waste to insure all of our vehicles. $100/mo on the GT500 and I put an average of 30mi/mo on it. There's no point to owning it.

Gotta love it though- we all pay hundreds per month to insure our vehicles, and I'm sure most of us are responsible drivers. Yet, some backwoods incest-bred redneck scumbag 17 year old can drive around with state minimum and nearly ruin your life, so you have to pay more to make up for their extra eyes, chromosomes, and gills. Gotta love it.

Users who are viewing this thread