Best Specialty Auto Insurance - Grungy, Heacock, Hagerty???

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
4945556D-9721-444E-B952-B96A72D143A4.jpeg
E89BEC75-DEE4-4FC2-AF8C-6B420DC5758F.jpeg
E89BEC75-DEE4-4FC2-AF8C-6B420DC5758F.jpeg
I have had Hagerty’s for 14 years on my 65 GT Fastback Mustang

Last year we flooded with Hurricane Harvey

We had house flood insurance

Both of our SUVs made it

The Mustang got the carpets wet and Hagerty’s was awesome with the claim. My wife and I were in the middle of renovating the house jokingly said I wish Hagerty’s would fix the house (it is a bitch to deal with a flooded house)

There is a small amp under the passenger seat that made it and wasn’t damaged which surprised me.

Remediation/ full fluid swap ( tranny, oil, rear diff), new carpets and mats and a new external fuel pump was maybe 1,400 to 1,500 buck and Hagerty’s paid 100% with no questions asked

The picture is it getting towed out of the garage. My brother in law brought down his RV that we lived in for 35 days. We then had an apartment for 4 months before we moved back in

The Mustang was at Collectors Paddock after I got it running and they detailed it all out for me.

Car Storage - Collector Car Storage - Classic Car Storage - Exotic Car Storage - Car Storage Houston - Collector's Paddock - Houston, Texas

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I've had Grundy for about 3 or 4 years now on my cobra with no problems but like a few others I've never had to file a claim. They must have updated a few things to be competitive because on their website they state you can now take your car to work now and then and go to dinner if you want.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had Grundy for about 3 or 4 years now on my cobra with no problems but like a few others I've never had to file a claim. They must have updated a few things to be competitive because on their website they state you can now take your car to work now and then and go to dinner if you want.
Wow, that's cool. I didn't know about that. That must be recent. Either way, very cool.
I'll never take it to a mall or dinner, but I do like to take it to the bank every once in a while when it is nice out on Saturday mornings before going for a cruise. Parked all by herself and in sight from within the bank of course! lol

Jefe

Established Member
I have my '74 Bronco with American Collectors but in order to raise the value they want an appraisal because of the restoration Ive gone through. Been easy to deal with and no problems on the 1 towing claim I had.

In Arizona I sell for Hagerty and JC Taylor. Both are great but Hagerty is much easier to deal with. No appraisals needed, doesn't have to be garaged, allow occasional offroad use as well as driving to work every once in a while and they just started offering monthly pay. If anyone wants a quote in Arizona let me know

Grundy offered a great rate but I have asked time and time again about occasional offroad use and they don't want it. Deal breaker for me

Something all of you need to be sure of is that you have an Agreed Upon Value policy and not Stated Value. Agreed Upon does not depreciate like Stated Value does(ACV). Neither goes up either so stay on top of your values!

I’ll be going with Grundy soon. The deal breaker with Hagerty was no buy back option. Really liked everything else they offered, but regardless of the condition my car is in, I want it back.
Pick your poison.
Hagerty added that option recently. Very cheap to add on and it still gives you the guaranteed value:
Cherished Salvage Coverage | Vintage Car Insurance

You’ve put a lot of time and loving energy into your vehicle. In the unfortunate event of a covered total loss, Hagerty offers Cherished Salvage® coverage: You keep your vehicle and still receive the full Guaranteed Value™

Users who are viewing this thread