Best Tuning Software for 2013 Shelby GT500

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
@Vinnie_B
You’re knowledge and experience will allow you to build off an established tune.
Does SAI have their tune locked? I’d assume yes.
While you and the car are in Metro Detroit, you really want to work with someone local and someone who will not sell you a locked tune.
Until you have that SAI approved Motec upgrade you’ll need and want a trusted local option. There are many but you know my suggestion.
-J
If I go local. Its because shelby wont work with me. Which is very possible! If so I'd really like to see what watson racing can do for me.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I appreciate the correction.
My only experience with factory ECU is with Alternative auto, Lund and Livernois.
Serious question, why do most pro tuners start with SCT then switch to HP? Why not just stay with SCT?
-J
As of right now im leaning torward sct pro racer ford package. But if im considering Motec 150. That might be what I really need to learn.....DECISIONS???

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree 100% @gimmie11s. No way those little rods could take that type of abuse over and over. Ive never rev'd mine past 5800 rpm since I've owned it. No sir not with a stock bottom half. Sleeved block, complete forged bottom end W/Billet crankshaft (Bryant Racing) is coming in the near future. Thanks for the heads up and the tip @gimmie11s. I apprreciate it!
Stock 5.8 rod next to a stock 03 cobra rod, definitely happy I have a built bottom end. And I'd go the Motec 150 ECU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-204304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220519-204304_Gallery.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 59

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Stock 5.8 rod next to a stock 03 cobra rod, definitely happy I have a built bottom end. And I'd go the Motec 150 ECU
Wow...... thats an incredible side by side comparison. Im personally a fan of (Carrillo and Molnar connecting rods) Yes, indeed @2011 gtcs you've built yourself one badass shelby GT500! One of the nicest here on SVTP! If a power upgrade is done on the SS, its a done deal w/Motec150.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow...... thats an incredible side by side comparison. Im personally a fan of (Carrillo and Molnar connecting rods) Yes, indeed @2011 gtcs you've built yourself one badass shelby GT500! One of the nicest here on SVTP! If a power upgrade is done on the SS, its a done deal w/Motec150.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As of right now im leaning torward sct pro racer ford package. But if im considering Motec 150. That might be what I really need to learn.....DECISIONS???
JMO, but if Motec is on your radar skip the other stuff. No point in putting money into it just to not need it later.

I say this as someone that has PRP on a netbook I haven't opened in probably two years.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
JMO, but if Motec is on your radar skip the other stuff. No point in putting money into it just to not need it later.

I say this as someone that has PRP on a netbook I haven't opened in probably two years.
Duely noted!! Once I can make my mind up with which direction I want to go in with this SS, its a done deal. This RPM act passing and Electric car push is making my decision difficult. Should I just leave this rare shelby alone or go this route.....I think the majoity of you would agree......"Hell yea go that route below"

Users who are viewing this thread