• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Best tuning software

Discussion in 'The Blower Bistro' started by baggett3_27, Oct 21, 2010.

1. baggett3_27

baggett3_27 New Member Established Member

I'm stationed in the UK, and I want to install a supercharger that I have purchased, but I'm running into a tuning issue. No one here seems to have the software to be able to tune it without a standalone ECU. The price of that is around $3000, so I figured it would be cheaper if I buy my own tuning software. I have a tuner that says he should be able to figure out the software and tune it for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated because I've exhausted all other options. If I can't come up with some good software I guess I'll have to spend the $3000.

2. GloomySVT

GloomySVT LolUMad? Established Member

Find out what software your local tuner uses and go by that. For example: Many use Diablosport and SCT.

3. baggett3_27

For some reason they say it cannot be tuned by their software unless I have a standalone ECU. There is only 1 SCT dealer in the UK, and DiabloSport doesn't even sell in the UK. I have a SCT handheld tuner, but it isn't enough to properly tune it after the SC install.

4. HotStart

HotStart Fastest Stock Daytona Established Member

You never said what kind of car this is for, but since you're on SVTP and you already have a handheld, I'll assume it's a Mustang that is new enough that has an OBDII port. If this is true, there is no reason you would need to switch to a standalone ECU (but if you do, a megasquirt system can be done for a lot less than $3,000).

If you already have an SCT handheld, I would recommend buying the SCT pro racer software.

SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

5. baggett3_27

Sorry guys it's a 99 GT. I called SCT, and so far the pro racer software is the best option I have come up with. Thanks for all the help keep it coming.