Best way to do a hole shot

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Just was wondering if anybody has tried a hole shot lingenfelter style. Like he's been doing with the 6 speed Camaro. For those of you that don't know. He's runing 4.10's tall rear tires and a 2 step set a 2500 RPM's. Yes he launches @ 2500 RPM's. Then hits it hard with Nos @ 4000 RPM's or who knows it could be spraying @ 2600 RPM's. It works cause he's runing consistent 8.90's with 1.3's 60's. Ive been running good launching at about 5000 RPM's and slipping the clutch just a little. Its never consistent though. But we all know that launching at 5K isn't going to last long before I break something. So anyway, can you guys that are drag racing chime in on how you launch your car. Also what your runing, like your 60 ft times, gears, tires mods ect and if anybody has tried or is runing the same way as Lingenfelter does. How are you doing on 60ft times. Because it seems to me he has it down to an art. Wish he was on our Ford team. :cuss: Oh well we can copy. He sure doesn't hide what he's runing for mods. So i'm going to try it. Why not.....;-)

rdsnk46

Established Member
How about slicks and a side step? LOL! I launch my car at 3800 rpms with the spray already on. 1.50's but Im using off the shelf suspension parts from steeda. Not an all out attempt.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Yes, that's killer. Thanks for posting. Just what i was looking for. To compare everyone's short times and how they launch. Also if they spray at the line or not. See if anyone has come up with the best combo and what is the launch style they use. lingenfelter is making 1200 HP. LOL so he does have one up on us. If you don't mind. What is Hydro clutch and P.O.F ?

skyhighsd

Established Member
Thought you said in your one thread that you were pulling 1.4x or better 60's and hanging the tires already?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Thought you said in your one thread that you were pulling 1.4x or better 60's and hanging the tires already?

I did, but i'm looking for away to do it with out the worry of breaking parts. I hold my breath every time i launch. It would be nice to pull the same 60's @ 2500 RPM's then what i do now. I'm rev-ing it to the moon sometimes and its not consistent at all. Slipping a clutch perfect isn't easy. lingenfelter pulls 1.3's and the tires never leave the ground and his clutch will out last mine. By a long shot. Anytime you pull the front wheels it cost HP and time. Hooking for sure, but its not the best way. My rear shocks are designed to Not pull the front tires. I haven't tried to adjust them in a while. I could probably adjust them so it doesn't. But i'm looking for the best way to launch it w/o worrying about it breaking. Got any idea's ?

skyhighsd

Established Member
Well, I am well aware of you not wanting to pull the tires, I guess I dont understand why you are willing to get your settings right first and go from there?

BigDan

Established Member
Try the n2mb WOT box. You can set you 2 step to any rpm and make's 10psi just sitting on the starting line with you foot mashed to the floor and it should never leave the floor board through out out the whole run.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
If you dont want to break you are gonna have to swap out alot of the stock componants. 1.3 is insane 60.

You havent mentioned what you have for mods or tires. What is your goal 8's?

Your demanding alot from parts to reach that level. We need more info.

I pull 1.6-1.7 but I roll out I dont dump at high rpm's. I run 3.73 with taller tires on 15's and make them slicks and a set of 4.10s will help lower it. Sooner or later though your gonna need a 9 inch or some major beefing up of the stock rear end.

I did, but i'm looking for away to do it with out the worry of breaking parts. I hold my breath every time i launch. It would be nice to pull the same 60's @ 2500 RPM's then what i do now. I'm rev-ing it to the moon sometimes and its not consistent at all. Slipping a clutch perfect isn't easy. lingenfelter pulls 1.3's and the tires never leave the ground and his clutch will out last mine. By a long shot. Anytime you pull the front wheels it cost HP and time. Hooking for sure, but its not the best way. My rear shocks are designed to Not pull the front tires. I haven't tried to adjust them in a while. I could probably adjust them so it doesn't. But i'm looking for the best way to launch it w/o worrying about it breaking. Got any idea's ?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
What tires are you running?
Hey Bull, ive been running M&H 325/50/15's. Also have some Goodyear slicks 10.5/28/15. The radials hook killer. I'm getting ready to install 125 HP direct port shot of progressive Nitrous. Just looking to see if anyone has tried sparying right off the line. If so what are you running for mods and what 60 Ft times your pulling.

If you dont want to break you are gonna have to swap out alot of the stock componants. 1.3 is insane 60.

You havent mentioned what you have for mods or tires. What is your goal 8's?

Your demanding alot from parts to reach that level. We need more info.

I pull 1.6-1.7 but I roll out I dont dump at high rpm's. I run 3.73 with taller tires on 15's and make them slicks and a set of 4.10s will help lower it. Sooner or later though your gonna need a 9 inch or some major beefing up of the stock rear end.

Hey Spawn, i have a lot of rear end work done. 9 inch, coilovers, Bah bah bah te works. Car hooks killer. Better then i thought it would. But at a very high RPM's and cost. Now i have a shot of spray. Was looking for anyone that might have a similar setup as Lingenfelter or maybe another idea for getting this boat off the line. With out destroying parts. Using spray and making it as useful as possible. Lingenfelter Camaro does one of the best hole shots Ive ever seen a late model car do with a six speed. I guess my goal is to pull the best hole shot possible with a six speed trans. :burnout: I do believe i'm going back to 4.10's with 28 inch tire.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
If its built correctly you shouldnt worry about breaking anything. Ive made hundreds of passes in a car on a built rear launching at 6000 rpm on 295 DRs and never broke anything.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I run consistent 1.50's with the same M&H's and do not dump. I leave at 4,000-4,200 depending on track conditions. I've got a handful of high 1.40's. I've also put over 30,000 miles on a factory clutch and driveline. You're not gonna do that dumping the clutch.

One of our buds here popped an axle at less than 3,000! The driveline wasn't loaded first I'd imagine.

You can use a 2-step like the WOT or MSD and still do a fast, progressive leave.

You'd better beef shit up big time if you're gonna sidestep it.

BTW, Lingenfelder's never run more than a couple of passes, be it drag or otherwise, with having his car puke. Google any of the "tuner" issues of rags like C&D and see how many DNF's Lingenfelder posts.

Not exactly the litmus test I'd be using as a goal

bj

CPRsm

I would turn the solenoid on after the clutch is dropped. That will make it easier to engage the clutch, and more weight will be back when the tires get hit with it. Like a window switch 1-300 rpm about your two step. Or 1-300 above where ever your clutch actually grabs. Or at 125, a progressive would be nice like already mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread