Bet my friend 200$ I could beat his H/C/I Z06

BTR

Established Member
I dropped about 250LBS off my car over the last 6 months or so gearing up for a race with my buddy and his HCI Z . I have is the bassani exhaust, tune, minus 250 lbs or so and a pulley.

We did a couple races from a dig. Came out just the way I expected. He spun a ton and I just walked away from him every time, he started reeling me as we got faster but I shut down before he could pass me.

however. from a roll it was a completely different outcome. We did about 7 races or so starting at about 40 - 80mph. and every single time he passed me like I was standing still. It actually wasnt even a race. I mean it was like I dropped anchor. The thing was FAST. I thought for sure I would have had him in the bag. I even got rid of my passenger and tried a few more times but same outcome. He said he kept it in second gear and had the rpms at about 4grand and just stepped on it.

I ate my humble pie and gave the man his 200$ and went home...

I'm going to add about 200 lbs back to my car. I cant live without a spare tire and other creature comforts that I like but How many more mods to beat an HCI Z? Its pretty cheap to make these terminators fast and I know after the piles of cash he's spent on his car he's pretty much done. He's already peaked

EDIT: anyone in the MASS area want to run an H/C/I C6Z? I want a termi to beat this guy

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I dropped about 250LBS off my car over the last 6 months or so gearing up for a race with my buddy and his HCI Z . I have is the bassani exhaust, tune, minus 250 lbs or so and a pulley.

We did a couple races from a dig. Came out just the way I expected. He spun a ton and I just walked away from him every time, he started reeling me as we got faster but I shut down before he could pass me.

however. from a roll it was a completely different outcome. We did about 7 races or so starting at about 40 - 80mph. and every single time he passed me like I was standing still. It actually wasnt even a race. I mean it was like I dropped anchor. The thing was FAST. I thought for sure I would have had him in the bag. I even got rid of my passenger and tried a few more times but same outcome. He said he kept it in second gear and had the rpms at about 4grand and just stepped on it.

I'm going to add about 200 lbs back to my car. I cant live without a spare tire and other creature comforts that I like but How many more mods to beat an HCI Z? Its pretty cheap to make these terminators fast and I know after the piles of cash he's spent on his car he's pretty much done. He's already peaked

I'd say with your mods that that was a dumb bet. What year is his Z06?

BTR

Established Member
^^ I believe its the newer body style, 05+ ? I know he's pretty much done at this point, theres not much more he can do without breaking the bank and I've just got started

QuickC5Z

Established Member

Dude you got hustled bad. Those are 427 ci motors in a light ass chassis

Zemedici

Established Member
Well, that was an expensive lesson to learn. Look up the power of a STOCK c6z06, then imagine adding 100-150whp....

They're 7 liters in a light body. You'll need 600+ to even hope to keep up bud. 600 hp is blower upgrade territory

stroked mach

Established Member
the z can run 10s with his mods if not 9 with a good tire and driver , your car runs 12s stock and 11s with boltons I think u should have read up on the z a little

Prototype007

Established Member
Can't tell if OP is serious or not...

That's about the equavilency of a lightly modded Yamaha Blaster racing against a heavily modded Banshee lol!

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Did you not do any research before you made the bet. I could see maybe making that bet with a C5Z but HCI C6Z is way way way out of your league.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Not big on Chebys but C6Zs dont give many f****s, and modded ones dont give any f****s. They aren't unbeatable but they are close to it, especially a H/C/I C6z. Arent these 3100 pound cars?

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm missing what car the op is driving, but yeah a hci z06 is pretty much the ultimate highway killer.

stangfreak

Established Member
dude...... you need to start modding heavily if you want your cobra to beat a h/c/I c6z. a bolt on z will keep up if not pull up top on a standard 19lb twinscrew pump gas 03 04 cobra. It is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread