Bet my friend 200$ I could beat his H/C/I Z06

Prototype007

Established Member
I didnt say "c5", i said c5z06... Thats a big difference... Lol... And yes, i had no trouble proving that point years ago, day in and day out. Many a feelings were hurt.

Me and a friend of mine was recently talking about your "butthurt sessions" you created on here during your C5Z days.

Definitely had some good laughs while lurking those threads.

brians91formula

Established Member
Hey OP [BTR] I have a mild bolt on C5 Z06. You want a chance at beating a Z06 you should race me. I'm not far from Boston.

You're around 500ish whp on the stock blower right?

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
C5Z surpassed the 03-04 Cobra in every performance category...

yeah but when it came to modding one and "ruling the streets" there were a lot more dominant 03/04 cobras which is what me and Zyborg were talking about...course if we wanna get technical the MKIV Supra has been ruling the streets since 93 so theres that...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I know you meant Z06 and I would definitely have to disagree that the ZO6 ruled the street in C5 trim...but we can both agree it took the crown if a turn was involved.

No issue with that, we have all had different experiences. I do have all of mine on video though. :)

Right thks for the unbiased opinion on C5Z

Actually it is pretty unbiased, i have as much love and respect for 03/04s as i do for the ol' crusty c5z's... I mean come on man, look at what i drive now. No brand loyalty here....

C5Z surpassed the 03-04 Cobra in every performance category...

^^^ something tells me this guy is very wise ^^^ lol

Me and a friend of mine was recently talking about your "butthurt sessions" you created on here during your C5Z days.

Definitely had some good laughs while lurking those threads.

Definitely good laughs, fo sho! :beer:

blackvette101

Established Member
I got the car used so it may have been ported. That would explain the dyno #s

I may do a healthy shot of spray to get the ball rolling. Can these cars handle a 200 shot for brief periods?

I want to beat this guy bad

I don't even think a 200 would do it. Maybe 200rwhp shot but you start pumping that much N2O into a relatively stock motor/exhaust you would need closer to a 275-300 crank hp shot as that backpressure and <10*'s of timing kill power. If you do try it please get it on youtube.

Maybe you can clear something up for me. Why would you run E85 in a N/A Ls7??? I have never heard of that before.

I don't see where it would be worth the extra effort.

It actually is very beneficial with a Heads/cam package beacuase you can jack up the compression to 12+to1 and run full timing. LS7's love it. It's also the only way to crack 600 if your not man enough to run a 24x/25x cam. 630 is achievable with said cam and high octane/compression.

Last edited:

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
When I lived in Fort Worth, I raced a Z06 on loop 820. I was riding a 2009 R1, he rolled up on me at about 80 and I was down shifting trying to get to second when he took off. I only made it to third he pulled about a car on me and stayed there till I hit rev limiter in 6th.

Second race I started in second from the same speed and I pulled him by a car but he was right there when I hit the limiter in 6th again. I was blown away by how fast this Z06 was. He waved with a big smile on his face and exited.

My 04 cobra makes 526rwhp and I wouldn't even think about racing one, after the Whipple upgrade hell yea. Lesson learned the hard way OP, he had to pay for all those upgrades some how "sucker"

Users who are viewing this thread