Better flowing front grill with centered fog lights - 2013-2014 Mustang GT?

matt5058

Established Member
Apologies if this thread has already been made but I looked through a few similar topics and didn't see this specifically. I am interested in getting a new grill for my 2014 GT that creates better air flow to the factory CAI airbox. From reading, it seems that the factory fog light is blocking the area where most of the air would come in. I would like to open that up a bit, get a more unique/better looking grill for my car, and still keep the factory fog lights. I found this option, but it is just for the 2011-2012 Stangs...

http://www.cjponyparts.com/3dcarbon...qfo26wCNGRq9Ak7wzrkD7QmZjDnjRRfWREaAhlT8P8HAQ

Anyone have or seen something similar for the 2013-2014? I don't want to have to relocate the fog lights to somewhere else so this seems like the best option. Let me know if you have any suggestions on this or know of some other options that allow me to keep the fog lights but increase the airflow. Thanks. :)

Edit:

I guess this is another option, if I can't find something like described above.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-lamp-2013-2014-p-1216.html

I'd prefer not to have to move the fog lights to a completely different area though.

Last edited:

stags

Established Member
A lot of ppl have bought billet style grilles and hung the fogs in the center. But to the best of my knowledge an Eleanor style grille is not available for 13 and 14s.

As a matter of fact, seems like many cosmetic products made for 05-12 stance are not available for 13-14. Don't know why.

99arboC

Established Member
I also want to improve airflow on my car but I'm willing to give up the fog lights.
1st option just remove fog lights and run it like that.
2nd option is the Boss 302S grill. It deletes the fog lights, and has wire mesh over the holes. Also all the honey cone is open not like on the stock grill.
spacer.gif

matt5058

Established Member
You could go with billet and keep fogs in place.

Yeah I've seen some billets that go in front of the fog lights, but isn't the stock fog lamp placement impeding air flow to the stock airbox?

madscotsman

Established Member
FYI, I got a response from the seller on this kit...he says it's good to go for the 2014 Mustangs as well. I will be ordering soon and getting a billet grille as well. :coolman:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151244897746?item=151244897746&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

That's what I have on my car. His first picture is actually my car (the SGM one). Only issues I have had with this setup are with the AM grill. It starts turning greyish/white (some is the finish, some is giant water spots that appear etched in the finish) after a few months in the sun. The fasteners they provide to attach upper grill to OEM grill surround are cheap quality and rust fast. They leave the grill loose in the surround since you cant really tighten them. They tighten to a point then reach the last thread on the screw so then the screw just spins freely (I replaced them with OEM fasteners I had lying around from my chin splitter install). I had to plasti-dip the grill. I never reached out to AM as I'm sure I would get a replacement that would have the same finish issues eventually.

The bracket for the foglights is pretty trick, you remove the foglights, swap their sides and mount them upside down I believe. This allows you to use 2 of the 3 factory mount points for each (one with a bolt directly, and another with on of the pieces of metal extending to the OEM hole), then there is another piece of angle-iron that connects the 2 remaining points on each light to each other (they are in there firm with very little flex). Bolts/fasteners/spacers he provides are all stainless and/or a hard plastic so no rust or needing to be repainted ever.

Last edited:

matt5058

Established Member
That's what I have on my car. His first picture is actually my car (the SGM one). Only issues I have had with this setup are with the AM grill. It starts turning greyish/white (some is the finish, some is giant water spots that appear etched in the finish) after a few months in the sun. The fasteners they provide to attach upper grill to OEM grill surround are cheap quality and rust fast. They leave the grill loose in the surround since you cant really tighten them. They tighten to a point then reach the last thread on the screw so then the screw just spins freely (I replaced them with OEM fasteners I had lying around from my chin splitter install). I had to plasti-dip the grill. I never reached out to AM as I'm sure I would get a replacement that would have the same finish issues eventually.

The bracket for the foglights is pretty trick, you remove the foglights, swap their sides and mount them upside down I believe. This allows you to use 2 of the 3 factory mount points for each (one with a bolt directly, and another with on of the pieces of metal extending to the OEM hole), then there is another piece of angle-iron that connects the 2 remaining points on each light to each other (they are in there firm with very little flex). Bolts/fasteners/spacers he provides are all stainless and/or a hard plastic so no rust or needing to be repainted ever.

Hey man, thanks for commenting and sharing your experiences with the install. Do you have any more pics of your car or shots of the grill (or the install process) from different angles? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread