Better performer, 03/04 Terminator or GT500

Which is the better performing car, the 03/04 Terminator or the GT500

• The Terminator, lighter weight and IRS rear.

Votes: 183 26.3%
  • GT500, 450 plus HP and SRA rear.

Votes: 371 53.2%
  • Who cares???

Votes: 144 20.7%

• Total voters

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
dont pay for a name. as you stated the 03 svt was overpriced. the 07 svt would have been overpriced without the name. if you cant stand the name why do you spend so much time in the shelby mustang forum?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
What is the difference in the GT500 vs the Base GT.

Hood
Front Clip
Rear spoiler
engine
transmission
rear gear
Shocks/springs

Differences between 03/04 Cobra and 03/04 GT

Hood
Front bumper
Rear bumper
rear deck spoiler
full suspension front and rear
IRS
Engine
Tranny
Interior (completely different, not just reupholstered)

Um the interior of the Cobra in 03.04 is simply different seats in the front, different upholstery in the rear and leather wrapped steeringwheel with of course the SVT display. I really don't see much difference other than that (own a 2001 GT, well it's the Wife's actually).

Lemme get this right the GT500 is almost 200 more HP over the base GT where as the Cobra was 130 or so...

Holy shit, what a bunch of whiners.

I got some cheese for you here.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Evil_Merlin said:
Um the interior of the Cobra in 03.04 is simply different seats in the front, different upholstery in the rear and leather wrapped steeringwheel with of course the SVT display. I really don't see much difference other than that (own a 2001 GT, well it's the Wife's actually).

Lemme get this right the GT500 is almost 200 more HP over the base GT where as the Cobra was 130 or so...

Holy shit, what a bunch of whiners.

I got some cheese for you here.

Most people knew what I was talking about regarding the interior. I would say 150 hp more than the GT to the rear wheels. But that is just me. I like to low ball things. That is with the GT500 making 500 Crank which seems to be what everyone on here wants it to be. That is also with the GT making 275 hp to the wheels which some do.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ON D BIT said:
if you cant stand the name why do you spend so much time in the shelby mustang forum?

I am a moderator on this board, and I try to keep an eye on everything, not just my stuff.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Pics and vids
All the Terminator Forums
Show N' Shine
SN95 Cobras
New Edge Cobras
South Forums.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can't wait till they come out so that I can stand back and smile. If I am wrong I will admit it, but I doubt I will be.

mrGT

Established Member
Hissman

Before you read this, know that Bill Ford is a great guy and gave most if not all of this away to Charity. But this is still a chunk of the bottom line and just a fraction of the reason car companies lose money. But having said that it is a great company and certain people deserve to make certain salaries. But when does it become ridiculous?

I understand your frustration, but......

I'm sure you could find info on the CEO for GM and see the same thing.......and they sell a $65 grand Vette, and they closed several manufacturing plants and laid off thousands of people. And just like Lee Iacco, he will get a big reward for doing so. I can't figure it out, so maybe you can tell me, what makes the Vette worth $65 grand? Why don't they reduce the CEO's salary and sell it for less? For the most part, we are in a capitalistic country and as long as people will pay, they will keep it up. Same goes for all CEO's in the land. I know if I were the CEO of some company, I would take all the Board would give me......wouldn't you?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
mrGT said:
Hissman

I understand your frustration, but......

I'm sure you could find info on the CEO for GM and see the same thing.......and they sell a $65 grand Vette, and they closed several manufacturing plants and laid off thousands of people. And just like Lee Iacco, he will get a big reward for doing so. I can't figure it out, so maybe you can tell me, what makes the Vette worth $65 grand? Why don't they reduce the CEO's salary and sell it for less? For the most part, we are in a capitalistic country and as long as people will pay, they will keep it up. Same goes for all CEO's in the land. I know if I were the CEO of some company, I would take all the Board would give me......wouldn't you?

That was the point that I was trying to make, they all do it. GM, Ford, Daewoo.. They all do it.

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
Oh....I thought you were making a case why Ford didn't need to make a bigger profit, thus increasing the price of their cars to pay upper management. My mistake.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
mrGT said:
Oh....I thought you were making a case why Ford didn't need to make a bigger profit, thus increasing the price of their cars to pay upper management. My mistake.

Understood. I was just saying that at as it is good that Bill is giving to Charity, the money is still coming out of the bottom line of the company. However he did refuse salary in 2005. But he did get compensated through stock holdings and such. It is a dirty corporate america, but they all do it. I just wish they would put some of it into R&D.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Understood. I was just saying that at as it is good that Bill is giving to Charity, the money is still coming out of the bottom line of the company. However he did refuse salary in 2005. But he did get compensated through stock holdings and such. It is a dirty corporate america, but they all do it. I just wish they would put some of it into R&D.

And give us the real SVT back! :cryying:

frankin

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
Wow, exactly what 1999 and 2001 owners were saying about the 03/04 Cobras till they got on the street.

If you remember the price was a quite a bit lower because the Shelby name was left off the car. That is why you got more bang for your buck. Give me a break! Idiots bidding $16,000 over sticker on ebay!! and besides it's ugly. If people like retro that much find a 67 Shelby and restore it. It might even be cheeper. I'm not sure what they will compete with. The new Corvette will blow it away, and the Viper will too. Is it going to race older Cobras??
I guess it all depends what you like, but why get ripped off?

Jpjr

Established Member
frankin said:
If you remember the price was a quite a bit lower because the Shelby name was left off the car. That is why you got more bang for your buck. Give me a break! Idiots bidding $16,000 over sticker on ebay!! and besides it's ugly. If people like retro that much find a 67 Shelby and restore it. It might even be cheeper. I'm not sure what they will compete with. The new Corvette will blow it away, and the Viper will too. Is it going to race older Cobras??

Do you own an '03? I own one, and even I am getting a bit tired of '03 owners not acknowledging that the Shelby will be a better car. To be honest, I think it is not a great value and consider the car down-right ugly.. but it is a better car. It will be faster. It should be an all-around better performer (stock for stock)

JJP SVT

Established Member
All of this talk about a car not in production that none of you have driven yet! It'll be interesting to see how many change their tune after driving the SGT500.

:)

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
frankin said:

The ONLY Corvette that will "blow-it-away" would be the Z06. The standard C6 will be a tad slower than the GT500.

The Z06 is freaking 20-25 GRAND more, the Viper 40-45 GRAND more.

mrGT

Established Member
frankin,

What's your agenda? Why do you spend so much energy trying to convince the ones that like the Shelby, that they are no good, over priced, and slower than any other production car out there? Surely there's another board where the "Shelby Dislikers" can go and shoot the shit.

By the way, have you priced any 67 Shelby's lately?

01L2Cobra

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
The ONLY Corvette that will "blow-it-away" would be the Z06. The standard C6 will be a tad slower than the GT500.

The Z06 is freaking 20-25 GRAND more, the Viper 40-45 GRAND more.
Dont think so. The Base C6 has a slightly better power to weight ratio than the GT500. It will be close but the C6 will win. The base C6 is significantly lighter (741lbs), a power to weight ratio of 0.126 compared to the GT500s 0.121.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread