better sound system w/sat radio

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
they make a kit form Ford to add the Sirius to your factory radio. I just did mine this week, it sounds great. However, I still think these cars need a sub

Dadz500

Established Member
I changed out my radio using the Scosche and a Metra wiring harness. I prefer the look to the Scosche kit but the Metra harness allows you to maintain your factory sync for bluetooth and I think the sync bluetooth sounds better then any of the after market radios. I used the new Pioneer Avic Z140 which has iPod controls, Nav, Sirius if you add the module, backup camera if you add it, which I did. It looks really good in the car with the kit and sounds better since it has a bit more power. I am looking for a set of used door panels from a Shaker system car so I can add two 8 inch door speakers and have it look stock.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
thanks for the info! ill be looking into the ford kit tomorrow and exploring all the options. thanks again

Boss949

Established Member
has anybody done this? if so what did u use?

Yes, I added the Ford Sirius radio to the Boss.

1. It is more expensive, but the unit is mounted behind the dash.

2. I had the antenna installed on the far right side of the dash; not on the deck lid. No problems with reception, since Ford has started using a better antenna.

3. I don't think that the quality of the sound system is any better than before. I just get sirius sat stations; great for traveling or certain sports, Fox news, etc.

4. Not really concerned about better sound quality at this time; I'd rather listen to the exhaust.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Because this is probably the only thread with the only people that might understand, I have to say that not being able to do the full Sync navigation setup was annoying - what's another 5-ish pounds??

2013Boss1078

I changed out my radio using the Scosche and a Metra wiring harness. I prefer the look to the Scosche kit but the Metra harness allows you to maintain your factory sync for bluetooth and I think the sync bluetooth sounds better then any of the after market radios. I used the new Pioneer Avic Z140 which has iPod controls, Nav, Sirius if you add the module, backup camera if you add it, which I did. It looks really good in the car with the kit and sounds better since it has a bit more power. I am looking for a set of used door panels from a Shaker system car so I can add two 8 inch door speakers and have it look stock.

Do you have any pics after the intstall? Thx

Dadz500

Established Member
You can find most of the details including pics here: Good luck! :beer:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ng-373/874266-daliy-driven-boss-upgrades.html

Bill is correct. Here are some as well.

DSC_0019-2.jpg

DSC_0021-2.jpg

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
the factory system just needs a small map and a sub.I plan on doing this to mine in the near future

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
I recently inquired for the same.
I went to a local well known stereo shop that I have used many times in the past and they recommended the following. It is a hidden install that allows you to use the sirius button on the factory radio. Seems reasonable to me.....

1 PXAMG ISIMPLE GATEWAY OEM IPOD RETAINS SAT PXAMG $120.00 $120.00
1 PGHFD1A ISIMPLE SELECT SELECT FORD, LINCOLN, PGHFD1A $9.95 $9.95
1 ISSR11 ISIMPLE SATWIRE, SIRIUS SAT TUNER CABL ISSR11 $35.00 $35.00
1 SCC1 AUDIOVOX DEI SiriusConnect Universal Tu SCC1 $60.00 $60.00
1 LABOR LABOR Installation Labor LABOR $49.00 $49.00

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread