BFG 335's rubbing on Low Profile Sub-Frame Bolts... and new tires.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I lifted up the rear of the car yesterday just to make sure everything was still tight from some previous work... and noticed that both rear tires are still rubbing on the MM Low Profile Sub-Frame Bolts. You can see the wear on the top of the side wall from when it hits, nothing serious but its not a daily driver either... If I drove this daily I could see this being an issue. Anyone else see this happening?

It only hits when the suspension is fully extended, but I have heard it here and there when I hit a bump. View attachment 123.jpg

I've been torn between Toyo Proxes R888's (335/35R18) and Toyo Proxes TQs (315/35R18) but after this I am definitely going with TQs... Hopefully order them this week.

Pac Man

Too Much Is Never Enough
Established Member
335/35/17? They must be pretty wide! Can we see a picture showing the rear stance? I was planning on trying to fit 335's next time I change tires.

If it's only rubbing at full droop I wouldn't worry about it, however it looks like going to a 1/2" spacer would cure the problem even though thats not ideal. Do you have extended studs? You could also take a grinder to that button head bolt and shave a little bit off the top. Make sure you get it real smooth. It does not look like it would take much...

135 Boom

Established Member
Mine touches way worse than that when it's in the air, and I have never had it rub the tire once. You literally have to be airborne in your car for that to touch. I'd leave it alone, but that is me.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Mine touches way worse than that when it's in the air, and I have never had it rub the tire once. You literally have to be airborne in your car for that to touch. I'd leave it alone, but that is me.

I'm guessing you have 335 R888's from the picture? I just ordered those today, changed my mind on the drag radials...

I'm not too worried.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Pac Man here are a couple pictures, def wide... love the stance and the look though.

Attachments

• Stance1.jpg
    Stance1.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Stance2.jpg
    Stance2.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 144

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I used truck bed bolts on my old IRS. IIRC they're almost completely flat.

Users who are viewing this thread