BFG Tires

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
I did not search before posting because I am on my blackberry, so please be kind.
I need to get new tires so I wanted to know if anyone is using or has used BFG G-force Super Sport A/S? They look nice and are inexpensive. I previously had Avon Tech M550 which I liked but disount tire direct does not carry them.
Thanks for any advice.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
You get what you pay for! Goodyear GS-D3s and BFG KDWs are better, but for cheap tires I hear thay are not bad.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I had the G-Force Sports. Not the all season ones they have a higher tread wear than the G-Force sports do. I personally liked them. I would break the tires loose in first but they would pretty much grip in second. For what I paid I was happy with there performance. They lasted me almost two years with about 20 track visits on them. Oh and they worked well before I was pullied.

They do not make the KDW's anymore so I went the nitto 555 street tires. So far I like the nittos, they are a little louder when they break loose (they also grip in second but still break loose in first) but I think it sounds cool.

If you have the money get the KD's (the high perfromance dry weather tires from BFG).

Last edited:

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
Thanks, I may give the BFGs a try. I got KDs on now, about 5000 miles, but on track days killed them pretty quick. I just need some new rubber to pass inspection and cruise in with the baby in the car, then put the KDs back on to tear up on the track. Baby in car = no boost, so traction will not be a problem. I am also going to get a second set of wheels to help resolve this problem in the future.
Thanks for the input.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Glad the imput helped. Just could not bring my self to get the KD's on all fours (ha ha). I am going turbo soon and will just get some Mickey T DR's for the rear. BFG's are great tires.

Users who are viewing this thread