Big Front Mount Turbo from Kenne Bell Blower.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
IMG_5242.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_5245.JPG

Friend of mine started welding it all up today. Heading off to the get coated as soon as we are done.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you going to run an intercooler or is that not a requirement on a drag car?
Interested to see his plan also as it looks killer so far!
But depending on boost and compression there are leaded race fuels that can easily run non-intercooled. Q16/C16 are a few examples
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
How big are the cross over pipes? 2.5 or 3”?

You running a t6 hot housing or v band set up?

Giggity!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd expect 2.5" crossover as the turbine wants to see velocity.
It's typical the exhaust port is sized large enough to cover the head port then tube Diameter and collector size are slightly smaller than NA builds, with the twin crossover pipe merging just before the turbine to hit it hardest with exhaust energy.
My first T6 427W single had a 3" crossover and second build had 2.5" but spooled quicker and made more power.
I'm guessing 1 5/8 primaries (1 7/8 to 1 5/8 if stepped) and 2.5" collector (or 3" collector then reduced) for 2.5" crossover pipes. Guys have made big four digit power with 2.25" crossovers.
It's all about total combination :)
-J

KEVINS

Established Member
Guys have made big four digit power with 2.25" crossovers.
It's all about total combination :)
-J

BINGO!
When I was researching crossover sizes for my 4.6 and 900hp I was chastised for even thinking about bringing up the subject: Just go with 2.5" like everyone else does!
Then I spoke to a buddy and he has a TT 600ci BBC and runs 2.25" crossovers and has run almost 200mph with it.. So I went with 2.25" collectors necked down to 2" crossovers and called it good.

ks

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
It’s 1 3/4 to 3” collector and 3” from there to a twin T6 flange. 5” down pipe split to twin 4” exhaust out the bumper.

As far as intercooler I’m running the kenne bell biggun intercooler in the factory location. It’s supposed to be good to 1800 hp. I have an ice tank with dual pumps handling cooling of the IC. This is a similar set up we have on a push rod car making big power. I’m running a small .96 AR housing to assist with some spooling. We are testing a lot of things with this kit. He is making a duplicate as well to sell. I’m retaining A/C with this setup as well. I plan on it anyway. I have to find a custom condenser that fits with the radiator I’m using.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
We test for bumper again to check exhaust layout. Looks perfect. Wastegates are going to lay out perfect. I’m going to shrink the tube down to shorten wastegate closer to cross over. Power glide is in and driveshaft fits perfect. Here is a better shot now that’s it’s back on the lift.
IMG_8130.jpeg
IMG_8134.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks killer with that turbo in the grill!
That kit will make big power once spooled. It won't matter at the track anyway, as once under boost with the glide hang on.
How much is the motor built to hold?
-J

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Rated E for everything lol. I’m shooting for 14-1500 for starters. It’s going to chassis shop next week for a 25.5 cage. Had a death down here last weekend and I decided to just do the right cage. The bolt in is coming out.

RBB

Established Member
Rated E for everything lol. I’m shooting for 14-1500 for starters. It’s going to chassis shop next week for a 25.5 cage. Had a death down here last weekend and I decided to just do the right cage. The bolt in is coming out.

Awesome build. Are you in Louisiana? I saw that GT-R crash at the WGF event, looked terrible.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
It’s a road course with a mile long straight built on a swamp lol. It has imperfections

Users who are viewing this thread