Biggest Drag radials for a Stock OEM Wheel 09

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Whats the biggest and best drag radial I can put on my 09? Also anyone who is running 670 and up for HP what size TB are you running? Thanks Guys!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Your choice of 305/35 R18 will fit the stock gt500 rims.

I run a Ford racing dual 65mm throttle body. At your power level this would work well. Other options are VMP 67 or 69mm throttle body or LM 66mm throttle body.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Established Member
Drag radials aren’t ness when you have great tires like r888’s
I can tell you though you can get like 29.5” in these wheel wells in the back even being moderately low.

I am running the Cj twin65

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Put some 15's or 17's on it. Much better tire selection for almost 700 whp. Spinning is boring. Especially if u plan on making big power down the road and with todays blower selections that inevitable.

Whats the biggest and best drag radial I can put on my 09? Also anyone who is running 670 and up for HP what size TB are you running? Thanks Guys!

PM-Performance

Established Member
Put some 15's or 17's on it. Much better tire selection for almost 700 whp. Spinning is boring. Especially if u plan on making big power down the road and with todays blower selections that inevitable.

There is no need for a 15-17 wheel for a street car. It will drive like shit on a big tire. Even for 700-800whp, its overkill.
I dead hook a 20" tire all day long with ZERO problems. Shit if anything I have too much traction if you want me to be honest.
If you are doing digs all the time and have BIG power, sure. Downsize wheels. If its a street car that actually gets driven and not a dig only machine, its moot IMHO

HKusp

Established Member
F7LvfvV
F7LvfvV
I am too am running a 305/35/18 in Mickey Thompson Street. I have the Cobra Jet twin 65mm and what is holding me back at this point is the 52lb/hr 13-14 injectors. I dyno'd at 656 SAE (636 Adjusted) at the wheels last week and it is ridiculous on the street.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No offense bro but if ur hooking with 20's ur just not making much power. And as far as driving like shit that's actually the totally opposite. A 15 inch rim with a 275/60 is WAY more comfortable a ride than 20's are on ANY street. 20's ride like shit and eat every single pot hole in New England or anywhere else. The 275/60 absorbs the pot holes nicely!

My car makes way over a 1000 whp and I drive it every weekend so the whole "Street car" thing really doesnt hold much water these days when stock are making near 800 hp.

I have 17x6 up front and 15x10 in the rear and I take corners at 90 mph no problem and DEAD hook from a roll. I had 19's and 20's and they both hooked like garbage! Utterly worthless imo. Freaking skating ring going down the hiway.

U dont need to be going from digs to hook up. Plenty of ppl roll race their cars and traction is just as important there as it is from a dig.

There is no need for a 15-17 wheel for a street car. It will drive like shit on a big tire. Even for 700-800whp, its overkill.
I dead hook a 20" tire all day long with ZERO problems. Shit if anything I have too much traction if you want me to be honest.
If you are doing digs all the time and have BIG power, sure. Downsize wheels. If its a street car that actually gets driven and not a dig only machine, its moot IMHO

PM-Performance

Established Member
No offense bro but if ur hooking with 20's ur just not making much power. And as far as driving like shit that's actually the totally opposite. A 15 inch rim with a 275/60 is WAY more comfortable a ride than 20's are on ANY street. 20's ride like shit and eat every single pot hole in New England or anywhere else. The 275/60 absorbs the pot holes nicely!

My car makes way over a 1000 whp and I drive it every weekend so the whole "Street car" thing really doesnt hold much water these days when stock are making near 800 hp.

I have 17x6 up front and 15x10 in the rear and I take corners at 90 mph no problem and DEAD hook from a roll. I had 19's and 20's and they both hooked like garbage! Utterly worthless imo. Freaking skating ring going down the hiway.

U dont need to be going from digs to hook up. Plenty of ppl roll race their cars and traction is just as important there as it is from a dig.

Car makes low 700's on pump gas. I wouldn't consider that shit power as it is more than OP. There have been stick guys that have went 9's on 20's. Dont hate on 20's
If you drive and take turns, taller tires and smaller wheels suck. Soft sidewalls suck. No if ands or buts about it.

You make 1kwhp, so your car meets the criteria of overkill. Not everyone needs that. When they think they do, they usually regret it and sell them off for street wheels again.
I am well aware of what roll racing is. lol. You don't need nearly as much meat to hook in a roll as a dig. Not to mention at the power level he is talking about. Sad part is half the guys I see with these rediculous drag packs, usually don't have the power anyway to justify and still feel like they need 60 rolls to get traction.

69b302

Established Member
I ran the Mickey Thompson 305/35x18 on the stock 9.5” wheels. The tire can be mounted, but the rim is not within Mickey Thompson’s specs(min 10” wheel).

HKusp

Established Member
I have my 305/35/18 MT's mounted on a set of track pack rims that are 10 inches wide. They fit and I am lowered on FRPP lowering springs. I have relocation brackets though. No rubbing anywhere.

Last edited:

Radron2626

Established Member

285/40/18 Mickey Et SS are perfect. They are as wide some 305s from Nitto, and other brands, M/Ts run wide. Not sure why Mickey makes them so wide, the 305s would bulge like crazy on a stock rim. I am also running L&M 72mm TB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread