Billet door switch problems

99GTvert

Established Member
OK so I got a set of the billet window/door lock switches from UPR for Christmas. I went to install them but they did not seem to go on all the way and they wiggled around. The only buttons that fit right were the door lock switch and the window lock switch. But the needle on the window lock switch made it so the only way it would fit was so that the word "lock" was upside down. I don't know if I am going to just send them back and get something else or just see if they can send me another set and maybe they will fit. Anyone else with this kit have any problems?

99GTvert

Established Member
There were the correct amount of switches but they did not fit right. But they did not have that little rectangle that goes around the button like the stock ones do so that might be it. Does anyone have these for a convertible and if so do they have those rectangles that surround the button?

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
UPR huh. Sounds like another quality product from the rip-off experts.

I'd send them back for a refund and see if you could find another set somewhere else that works.

99GTvert

Established Member
Venom 04 said:
SS inserts have them I got a set for my coupe you'll love them checkem out

I will definitely check them out. I have been hearing a lot of bad things about upr lately which probably would have helped before I bought almost $300 worth of crap from them. :cuss:. I got the Cruise control buttons they sent me on fine and I like the billet shifter bezel but I could not get the window switches to fit right. They also "forgot" to send me my ac knobs/faceplate which I will tell them to forget about it and see if I can get my money back so I can buy the MGW set.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
MGW doesn't offer door switch pieces. Asked George in past, and said he won't make them as the plastic switch under the visible button is weak, with no good attachment point, making the installation insufficiently durable for MGW's high standards.

Wightmn

Established Member
You might also beware of the cruise buttons. I ask about them earlier, MGW doesn't make them due to the potential of becoming projectiles during airbag inflation. That wouldn't be cool.

99GTvert

Established Member
PhillyCobra said:
MGW doesn't offer door switch pieces. Asked George in past, and said he won't make them as the plastic switch under the visible button is weak, with no good attachment point, making the installation insufficiently durable for MGW's high standards.

Yeah I was talking about the a/c knobs. I guess that the metal wears down the plastic for the door switches and that is why they won't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread