Established Member
Don't let this happen to you

Attachments

• IRSFailure_Case3_Pic002.jpg
    IRSFailure_Case3_Pic002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 4,657

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Hey Doug... Does the differential need to be removed to have your brace installed? Can it be done with basic hand tools and no lift easily??

dougwg

Established Member
no need to remove the diff
yes, just did one a week ago. jack, jackstands, wrenchs and sockets

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Yates...Man said:
Looks good, I guess you gotta pull the pumpkin to install the brace?

ummm, no. You do NOT have to pull the diff out, see post #6 above.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
guys trust me yall want this my diffrential cover broke a little over a month ago.

While i was driving my car started wheel hoping cuase of course i have irs and I have no suspension mods becuase of warranty. My diffrental just snaped open not a pretty sight or sound :fm:

this is just one of the suspension mods i believe that is a must with our cars if you keep the irs.

along with maximum motorsports irs bushings and kenny browns irs torque brace.

will save you a lot of trouble i just got my car back a little over a week ago and i dont beleive they fixed it right becuase when i take sharp right turns it feels like the back right is shifting :shrug:

BruntzySVT

Established Member
SO if i were to buy the IRS brace i would not have to worry about busting up the IRS on the track?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
BruntzySVT said:
SO if i were to buy the IRS brace i would not have to worry about busting up the IRS on the track?

The IRS brace is to protect the cover from breaking and the collateral damage that can occur with such a failure. So far more than 300 of these braces have been sold and installed and NOT ONE person with a brace has broken a cover.

The halfshafts are another weak spot but DSS has a solution for that as well.

MJ

BruntzySVT

Established Member
mjchip said:
The IRS brace is to protect the cover from breaking and the collateral damage that can occur with such a failure. So far more than 300 of these braces have been sold and installed and NOT ONE person with a brace has broken a cover.

The halfshafts are another weak spot but DSS has a solution for that as well.

MJ
so your saying buy it lol...has anyone felt a little bit better launches or has it done anything to make ur car perform different? wouldnt think so but has it?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
BruntzySVT said:
so your saying buy it lol...has anyone felt a little bit better launches or has it done anything to make ur car perform different? wouldnt think so but has it?

Hell yes I've had better launches (with the DSS Level 5 halfshafts and the brace). It's the difference between slipping the clutch out really carefully trying not to get wheel hop and break stuff and dumping the clutch from high RPM and just holding on. The peace of mind alone is worth the money but heck I'm biased since I designed it. LOL

MJ

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Im thinking i will purchase one because at the track i wheel hopped it really realy really bad to the extent i thought something was going to break so i let off, but i dont think anything broke because it rides fine and i made more passes!

Users who are viewing this thread