BilletFlow IRS DIFF COVER BRACE

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
BlkTerminator said:
I personally don't have the brace, but I'll be ordering one this week...probably today if you have any in stock. BUT, I'm like Laxpaint5, this will be the 4th time that my seal blew out and the 2nd time for my cover to be replaced. I've never done it because all of them but this one fell under warrenty. I was kinda curious as to if there are some instructions anywhere on how to remove the diff to reseal the cover/tq specs on the cover itself as to what the part numbers are. On all my invoices from ford it just has *replaced cover/new seal* and no part numbers :( I'm hoping the ford dealership doesn't dish out something stupid to me. The last time they replaced the cover/seal, they had my car for 3 days taking apart everything in the rear end and making sure everything was still in spec and not warped or anything and it's only been around 1100 miles since that's happened :bash: I haven't done anything stupid while getting on the car to feel wheelhop or anything, so I really don't know what's causing it?!?

IMO your Ford service dept. should not charge you for much more than 4 hours of labor. With the right tools and a lift, pulling the cover and replacing it is a very easy job, and can actually be done much faster than even 4 hours.

Laxpaint5

Established Member
BlkTerminator said:
I personally don't have the brace, but I'll be ordering one this week...probably today if you have any in stock. BUT, I'm like Laxpaint5, this will be the 4th time that my seal blew out and the 2nd time for my cover to be replaced. I've never done it because all of them but this one fell under warrenty. I was kinda curious as to if there are some instructions anywhere on how to remove the diff to reseal the cover/tq specs on the cover itself as to what the part numbers are. On all my invoices from ford it just has *replaced cover/new seal* and no part numbers :( I'm hoping the ford dealership doesn't dish out something stupid to me. The last time they replaced the cover/seal, they had my car for 3 days taking apart everything in the rear end and making sure everything was still in spec and not warped or anything and it's only been around 1100 miles since that's happened :bash: I haven't done anything stupid while getting on the car to feel wheelhop or anything, so I really don't know what's causing it?!?

I have the brace on and I just started leaking agian. I think I may have blown the seal when I installed the brace. I put the brace on two weeks after ford replaced my cover and resealed. I am so frustrated I guess I will take the brace off and take it back to ford.

dougwg

Established Member
Laxpaint5 said:
I have only blown the seal once since I have had the brace.

ok... try this..

Remove the brace
Take your car back to the dealer and have the diff re-sealed
DRIVE IT HOME EASY
Re-install the Brace

BlkTerminator

Established Member
Luckily the dealership is gonna send a rollback to my house and pick up my car. I'm glad they decided to check into this as it's getting to be a pain and starting to tick me off. I'm still gonna order the brace sometime this week just to see if it helps me any and hopefully by the end of sept, I'll have new bushings and such that it will cure this problem. If not, I'm gonna go with a live axel setup and be done with it forever..LoL...

dougwg

Established Member
NOTICE!

We now have The Original BilletFlow IRS Braces back in stock in red and black and are ready to ship!

Thats right, the best money can buy, race tested and record holding.

With over 600 units in the field without even 1 failure, BilletFlow is the ONLY manufacturer that give you a money back guarantee if it fails!

In light of recent developments we also are running a sale... call for pricing. ;-)

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Doug,

Does this require any adjustment for fitment issues??

I was at Steeda Tech Day adn theirs needed some grinding off of the back for soem clearance problems.

what is the new price?

Thanks,
Rob

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
tankerman1981 said:
seems like something i would buy if i ahd a coupe and was thinking about racing but defiantely not for my convertible don't drive it too hard to need it...!!!

you don't have to drive it hard to make it leak... a little wheel hopping should break that seal ... better now to fix it while it ain't broke than to have to pull everything apart to re-seal it and then fix it

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
Doug,

Does this require any adjustment for fitment issues??

fits like a glove...

I was at Steeda Tech Day adn theirs needed some grinding off of the back for soem clearance problems.

That happens when junk is bought

Users who are viewing this thread