BITCOIN

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I get why boomers are so in love with gold. It is stagnant enough that they don't have to worry about a correction a couple years before they die that wipes out 50% of their worth. It would suck to run out of money at that age. It's probably best they leave Crypto assets to the younger generations.

Coosawjack

Established Member
So what happens to Crypto when the WHOLE WORLD goes to a Precious Metal Standard.......just curious since all indications are we are headed that-a-way??:rolleyes:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Who's quiet ? Ive been dredging, slicing ,panning , for the last 25 years ...and I sure ain't looking for Bitcoin LOL:)!

That's too bad. $500 in computer equipment 10 years ago working blockchain calculations and you'd probably be a billionaire right now with just mining rewards.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
We will see who has the last laugh when the.... SHTF :)! LOL
I’m already laughing with these profit only $2200 amps ;)

If you knew anything about crypto you would know it does better when the dollar is weak. Please tell me you’re not also a Biden supporter.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
We will see who has the last laugh when the.... SHTF :)! LOL

It's very likely that no one will have the last laugh because even if Bitcoin eventually gets to over $1m USD/ea. naysayers will still say "Wait for it to go to 0. It's coming!!"

Unless of course you are an apocalypse theorist and believe we end up back in the dark ages, then it's pretty likely Crypto won't be a valid currency. Lol

quad

Established Member
Bitcoin and the like come and go like the wind.Gold has been,IS, and always be King !:)
>> Buy 1 oz Gold Bars Online | JM Bullion™
And I might add "Gold in hand" AKA physical Gold.
Gold is not very divisible. Someone can't afford your gold bar or coin? Are you going to cut it in half with a saw? lol?!

Gold is great for an Armageddon situation but then guns, bullets, water, food will be even more important. So if you think gold is going to be used for money then you are banking on an "end of society as we know it" scenario.

Also keep in mind gold has many uses. If gold's price goes up too much it affects many industries. Electronics, dentistry and aerospace costs will go up. There's motive for the price to be kept within reason. $50,000 per ounce of gold is not ideal. I think these are things Peter Schiff and other gold bugs fail to realize. Gold is now trading slightly higher than it's 2011 price. Yet the dollar has lost value since then. So people invested in gold actually now have less buying power.

Top 6 Common Uses For Gold

Electronics and Computers:
Gold is a highly efficient conductor that is able to carry tiny electrical charges, and because of this property a small amount is found in almost all electronic devices, including cell phones, televisions, GPS units and more. Because gold is such an efficient conductor of electrical charges, it is also often found in desktop and laptop computers to transfer information quickly.

Dentistry and Medicine:
Gold makes for the best fillings, crowns, bridges and orthodontic appliances because the metal is chemically inert, easy to insert and nonallergenic. Gold has been used in dentistry since 700 B.C. and will probably continue to be the best option for replacing broken or missing teeth. In the medical field, small amounts of gold isotopes are used in certain radiation treatments and diagnosis.

Aerospace:
In the aerospace industry where reliable and effective technologies are key to survival, gold plays an essential role. Gold is used to lubricate mechanical parts, conduct electricity and coat the insides of space vehicles to protect people inside from infrared radiation and heat.

quad

Established Member
It's very likely that no one will have the last laugh because even if Bitcoin eventually gets to over $1m USD/ea. naysayers will still say "Wait for it to go to 0. It's coming!!"

Unless of course you are an apocalypse theorist and believe we end up back in the dark ages, then it's pretty likely Crypto won't be a valid currency. Lol
Or how about Bitcoin goes to $1 million and that buys you a month's worth of groceries lol?!

Are We Headed for a Hyperinflation?.

delvin.a

Established Member
So what happens to Crypto when the WHOLE WORLD goes to a Precious Metal Standard.......just curious since all indications are we are headed that-a-way??:rolleyes:

I like your optimism but what indications show a return to a pm standard? I see nothing indicating such

Coosawjack

Established Member
Do some research "delvin.a".....we went off Gold with "Tricky Dickie" and his BS when the Dollar was tied to Oil.......the Dollar was fairly stable before that.......time will tell and hopefully sooner than later!! :cool:

quad

Established Member
Raoul Pal made a great comment in a recent interview. The charts for cryptos increasing to higher values will not be a straight line. He reckons the entire crypto space has the potential to still 200x from here. But there will be corrections along the way. If you look at Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto charts you'll see major corrections occurred many times in the past. But the march upward has still been relentless and I think it will keep on doing so. But be prepared for corrections along the way and lot of sideways action.

Great interview with Michael Saylor here!

Users who are viewing this thread