BITCOIN

quad

Established Member

Ethereum’s daily issuance rate fell below Bitcoin’s for the first time this week, according to a blockchain researcher.

Lucas Outumuro, head of research at blockchain intelligence firm IntoTheBlock, says Ethereum’s (ETH) net inflation fell to an annualized rate of 1.11% compared to Bitcoin’s annualized rate of 1.75% during the middle of this week.

Outumuro also says that Ethereum’s falling issuance rate could bestow a monetary premium on the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, potentially allowing the asset to transmit value over time without users having to worry about the possible loss of purchasing power.

“Ether’s decreasing issuance raises questions about how it is valued. Previously closer to ‘digital oil’ ETH’s value moved in tandem with its usage. Now that its issuance is provably lower (and potentially deflationary), it is likely to develop a monetary premium like BTC.”

The blockchain researcher adds that the non-fungible token (NFT) craze contributed to Ethereum’s falling issuance as it increased the fees generated, a portion of which are burnt.

“The recent surge in NFT activity has significantly increased Ethereum fees and the amount of ETH being burnt along with them. This has led to several hours where more ETH was burnt than issued, effectively making it deflationary during brief periods of time.”

Finally, Outumuro says that the deflationary pressures on Ethereum will help the second-largest cryptocurrency become a store of value.

“As NFTs and other applications continue to grow on Ethereum, this creates deflationary pressure and reinforces Ether’s monetary premium. Ultimately, this aligns users and holders towards ETH becoming the store of value of the decentralized internet.”

olympic

Established Member
Eth is poppin' off! I bought in at 2700 right before it slid to 1900 so it's been a roller coaster ride...lol! Getting tempting to sell being nearly 40% up!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Eth is poppin' off! I bought in at 2700 right before it slid to 1900 so it's been a roller coaster ride...lol! Getting tempting to sell being nearly 40% up!
Yupp sold all my doge and put some back in Eth

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Long Term Hold. Think about it like buying into Bitcoin when it was 3K ;)

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
stuck all mine in Celsius so i'd be more likely to hold, will report back if it helps an itchy trigger finger

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Yup, ether has done well for me, my DCA on it is a little under $600.

Checked back at the crypto spreadsheet I maintain and in January 2019 I bought one coin for $106! I wish I had dumped all my liquid assets into it at that point because if I had, I could just about retire now. Around the same time, Bitcoin was in the low 3000s so ether has definitely outperformed Bitcoin in that same time frame.

Now if Litecoin wakes up like it should I will become a relatively wealthy man.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I'm still holding some ETH in Robinhood. Once ETH hits $8k I'm gonna start DCAing out until my Robinhood account is empty. As for my Coinbase holdings. If it ever gets north of $10k I'll start to sell some. Otherwise I'm holding for the next cycle.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Bunch of degenerate gamblers in here!

We all know crypto is a ponzi scheme, unlike the USSA Dollar, which is backed by....*checks notes*....a military that cant win a war against goat-****ers.

Definitely keep your cash and DO NOT buy crypto. It is too volatile, just like...*checks notes*....early amazon stock....so definitely stay away from that shit.

Plus the govt will SURELY do something to it to bring it down to zero

quad

Established Member

We all know crypto is a ponzi scheme, unlike the USSA Dollar, which is backed by....*checks notes*....a military that cant win a war against goat-****ers.

Definitely keep your cash and DO NOT buy crypto. It is too volatile, just like...*checks notes*....early amazon stock....so definitely stay away from that shit.

Screw banks / bankers!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Maybe instead of telling friends and family to buy crypto, I should start a reverse psychology approach and see if they end up buying!

The biggest problem I see is that even for relatively smart people who make a pretty good income - $100k+ for individuals upwards of $160k for couples, people consistently spend nearly every dollar that they bring home. Ya, most are saving in 401ks and have a small emergency fund set aside so their future won't be screwed but there usually isn't anything left over to buy "fake money" as some of them call it.

Those are the smart people too. The dumb ones already have 10s of thousands of CC debt, student loan debt and auto debt and they spend more a month than they bring home with no retirement savings.

Oh well, i guess that just means our crypto holdings will go up when "regular" people finally start dumping money into it.

Oh and I must have woke up Litecoin with my comment yesterday. Nice 15% gain for it in the last day.

quad

Established Member
Maybe instead of telling friends and family to buy crypto, I should start a reverse psychology approach and see if they end up buying!

The biggest problem I see is that even for relatively smart people who make a pretty good income - $100k+ for individuals upwards of $160k for couples, people consistently spend nearly every dollar that they bring home. Ya, most are saving in 401ks and have a small emergency fund set aside so their future won't be screwed but there usually isn't anything left over to buy "fake money" as some of them call it.

Those are the smart people too. The dumb ones already have 10s of thousands of CC debt, student loan debt and auto debt and they spend more a month than they bring home with no retirement savings.

Oh well, i guess that just means our crypto holdings will go up when "regular" people finally start dumping money into it.

Oh and I must have woke up Litecoin with my comment yesterday. Nice 15% gain for it in the last day.
I tell people not to buy it. I don't want to see anyone lose money. I am willing to take the risk myself but would feel shitty if someone like my mom ended up losing money. She did actually ask me to help her start a crypto portfolio with about $10,000. So far I have not done it.

If you do suggest people get into crypto make sure to stress that they can lose it all.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

weather man got hacked

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I tell people not to buy it. I don't want to see anyone lose money. I am willing to take the risk myself but would feel shitty if someone like my mom ended up losing money. She did actually ask me to help her start a crypto portfolio with about $10,000. So far I have not done it.

If you do suggest people get into crypto make sure to stress that they can lose it all.

I told all my friends and family to buy at $7k...which was somewhere around May 2019.

No one listened at that time.

1 friend bought at $20k and is loving life.

Everyone gets Bitcoin at the price they deserve. Most will get Bitcoin at much higher prices.

whyxitx

Established Member
Posting to get sub'd on this thread.

Should have bought into BTC and ETH, but i'm holding ADA and VET for the time being. Will be interesting to see how the El Salvador thing plays out.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Was told to get into QNT a couple weeks ago, then a reminder a few days ago @180…i felt i was buying the top…it hit $360 just a minute ago lol

either way, i am enjoying this little run

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Oh ya, completely on board with this.

In fact I won't even discuss it with anyone unless they are at least in decent financial condition and I always preface it by saying it could go to the moon or to near zero.

I feel you on the parents/family thing. I couldn't live with myself if someone blamed me for losing money they needed and they are not capable of working.

I do wish I would have pushed my dad harder on it though because at 66 and 99% retired with a $150k+ income he's the type of person who could throw money at crypto. He's done ok so far, just didn't get in early enough.

Users who are viewing this thread