BITCOIN

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Until all the central banks stop pumping trillions in liquidity into the market, I suspect crypto will do well. Those funds have to find a home.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Currency - A currency in the most specific sense is money in any form when in use or circulation as a medium of exchange, especially circulating banknotes and coins. A more general definition is that a currency is a system of money in common use, especially for people in a nation

I can use Bitcoin in exchange for goods. There’s no if’s ands or buts.. I can buy things WITH Bitcoin.

also, El Salvador has established it as currency hence “ common use in a nation “

your refusal to acknowledge this is evident. Bitcoin has and is used as a form of currency to buy goods. It’s been used as a form of salary for years. You keep bringing up “ first ever “ . We are at a time where “ first ever “ is happening on a monthly basis. We are at an age of technology where technology is advancing more in a year than it does in a decade.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Currency - A currency in the most specific sense is money in any form when in use or circulation as a medium of exchange, especially circulating banknotes and coins. A more general definition is that a currency is a system of money in common use, especially for people in a nation

I can use Bitcoin in exchange for goods. There’s no if’s ands or buts.. I can buy things WITH Bitcoin.

also, El Salvador has established it as currency hence “ common use in a nation “

your refusal to acknowledge this is evident. Bitcoin has and is used as a form of currency to buy goods. It’s been used as a form of salary for years. You keep bringing up “ first ever “ . We are at a time where “ first ever “ is happening on a monthly basis. We are at an age of technology where technology is advancing more in a year than it does in a decade.

BTC is used to purchase goods, but that isn't how the majority that is held by people is used. It is held as an investment vehicle.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
At this point, you are the ONLY guy in this thread who continually thinks this way. You sit here and continue to say “ To give people something to think about “ … while 99.9% of us in this thread.. have done the thinking .. and are doing the action.

you’re legitimately “the guy” who watches sports games and calls out how the athlete did something wrong… yet have never played a sport in his life

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
At this point, you are the ONLY guy in this thread who continually thinks this way. You sit here and continue to say “ To give people something to think about “ … while 99.9% of us in this thread.. have done the thinking .. and are doing the action.

you’re legitimately “the guy” who watches sports games and calls out how the athlete did something wrong… yet have never played a sport in his life

Did you even read the article?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

LOL, I'm the guy who played the "game" well enough to retire at 55. I did that by making more right calls than bad calls.

I have readily admitted pretty much everyone investing in crypto on here is doing it the right way. You're upset because I won't confirm your investing bias, sorry, it is always good to hear the contrary case.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Question.. since you’ve told us 4 times in 2 pages

At what age did you retire?

C2tuck

Established Member
Since there is literally nothing backing BTC, the more likely scenario would be to deflate in value, which many currencies have done.

Serious question…what’s backing the USD nowadays? Damn sure isn’t backed by gold. It’s backed by the government “promising” you that it’ll be good. Yet they have been printing at full capacity since dipshit got elected…

I bet in the long run crypto will be more stable than the dollar.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
So the retirement age to beat in this thread is 55? I'll do that easily based on the small amount of crypto i own...I'll shoot for an even age of 50. I've got 10 years to go.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Serious question…what’s backing the USD nowadays? Damn sure isn’t backed by gold. It’s backed by the government “promising” you that it’ll be good. Yet they have been printing at full capacity since dipshit got elected…

I bet in the long run crypto will be more stable than the dollar.

No argument that they have been printing as fast as they can, it still has the full weight of the economy behind it. The most stable crypto will end up being government issued, unless we hyperinflate and then it won't matter.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Did you?

You posted an article that goes against the positions you have held in here regarding Bitcoin. Kind of an odd strategy to win an argument.

Yes, and I said it was interesting, not that I agree with everything in it.

I will repeat, crypto is useful, what will it evolve into, not sure. Will nation states let it compete meaningfully with fiat, not a chance in hell. I can envision multiple ways they can accomplish that.

China does not care for an uncontrolled means of transferring wealth. The Chinese, when they realized covid was not containable, deliberately had people travel to infect the rest of the world rapidly. What means, if any, wouldn't the Chinese use if they thought it necessary to curtail people using crypto for currency not of official Chinese issue? The Israeli stealth software has been out for over a decade now. I sure there are all sorts of improvements and breakthroughs regarding in just how nasty they could get.

I'm sure the Chinese would never launch an attack that prevented people from accessing their crypto wallets, I mean, that would be ruthless.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Yes, and I said it was interesting, not that I agree with everything in it.

I will repeat, crypto is useful, what will it evolve into, not sure. Will nation states let it compete meaningfully with fiat, not a chance in hell. I can envision multiple ways they can accomplish that.

China does not care for an uncontrolled means of transferring wealth. The Chinese, when they realized covid was not containable, deliberately had people travel to infect the rest of the world rapidly. What means, if any, wouldn't the Chinese use if they thought it necessary to curtail people using crypto for currency not of official Chinese issue? The Israeli stealth software has been out for over a decade now. I sure there are all sorts of improvements and breakthroughs regarding in just how nasty they could get.

I'm sure the Chinese would never launch an attack that prevented people from accessing their crypto wallets, I mean, that would be ruthless.

i mean.. the Chinese could hack a bank , and make my checking account inaccessible ….

I trust my crypto wallet a LOT more than Wells Fargo… just saying

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
i mean.. the Chinese could hack a bank , and make my checking account inaccessible ….

Plenty of smart people are not ignoring you. The crooks want it all.

Cross-chain Poly Network hacked for $600M+, Ether turns negative​

Aug. 10, 2021 1:20 PM
  • The blockchain cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH-USD) edges lower by 2.4% on Tuesday after cross-chain protocol Poly Network was hacked for $611M, the largest DeFi hack to date, The Block reports.
  • The Poly Network is a protocol used to trade tokens among a variety of blockchains.
  • Apparently, the root cause of the hack was a cryptography issue, which is not usually the case, The Block reports, citing The Block Research's Igor Igamberdiev.
  • Assets that were stolen in the hack include $273M of Ethereum tokens, $253M of Binance Smart Chain tokens, and $85M in USCoin (USDC-USD) on the Polygon Network.
  • As a result, Tether blacklisted its centralized stablecoin USDT on Ether that was stolen in the hack, or ~$33M in tokens, which means they can no longer be moved.

nxhappy

Established Member

Exactly ! **** wells fargo and all the banks. they can't even give us 1% interest. meanwhile USDC pays 9% interest with very very little risk.

Users who are viewing this thread