BITCOIN

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Yup, ths also includes terrorists, sex trafficking, funding counties such as China, Russia.

The same people saying **** china, **** terrorist, **** under ege sex rings, but are contributing to crypto are actually help what they say they are against.

LMAO:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
IIRC, it's the exact opposite...Bitcoin is traceable (everything is exposed on the blockchain) which makes it harder to dump stolen coins b/c exchanges/LE usually have eyes on the stolen addresses so they can't offload the stolen coins at Coinbase (for example). There are twitter handles dedicated to following the stolen addresses as well i believe, which gives updates as coins attempt to move.

I figured with all the new crypto's being made, their had to be some being made that hewed to the untraceable aspect, yep, there are many.

Here are just 2. How would anyone know if fraud was even occurring?

Link to article and other crypto's trying to be untraceable.

Monero

If privacy is a main concern for an investor or consumer paying with cryptocurrency, Monero should be given strong consideration. Monero was specifically designed up front to be a private anonymous currency. Every Monero transaction is fully anonymous, private and secure. Balances cannot be tracked. Transactions cannot be traced. Identities of the sender and recipient are unknown and the transaction amounts unrecorded. No authority can mandate that records be revealed because they cannot be recreated from the blockchain; legal requests for information will be unsuccessful.

The underlying technology of Monero is a complex cryptographic on-chain method. The technologies used are Kovri and Steath addresses, RingCT and the Ring Signatures. The main intent of using these technologies is to protect user privacy. Transactions made on the Monero chain appear to be mixed with other transactions and seem to come from multiple random addresses and display as multiple random amounts in order to keep prying eyes from tracing the individuals and amounts involved in each transaction. Some of the benefits that Monero offers by using these technologies are:

Privacy: no other party can look at the amount or balance of other individuals by evaluating the blockchain. Values are mixed.

Secure: the technology of irreversible cryptographic math helps to secure the wallets and transactions of Monero

Untraceable: the transactions of Monero cannot be tracked on the blockchain due to mixing and encryption

Decentralised: in order to verify Monero coins, all wallets and nodes are equally prioritized

Fungible: irrespective of the place and time, all the coins of Monero have similar market value and unknown prior transaction history.

Monero Info Chart

Monero’s market debut followed generally accepted crypto standards as there were no insta-mines or pre-mines during its launch. One weakness of Monero is that the complicated cryptography and coin pooling used makes the size of the transactions very large. Thus one near-term goal of the Monero team is to update the technologies to make the transaction size smaller. Mining of Monero was deliberately made less resource-intensive than bitcoin by ensuring no specific ASIC mining equipment is needed. Monero mining algorithms run only slightly slower on standard PC’s when compared with ASIC technology, unlike bitcoin which benefits large server farms using ASIC equipment. The team expects this approach will increase the accessibility of Monero and therefore improve interest in the currency. One final criticism often leveled against Monero is the lack of ease of use of the desktop wallet. For more mainstream adoption, wallet access and interface will have to improve.

Zcash

Zcash is similar to Bitcoin as it is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency. Supply is limited to the same 21 million total as bitcoin. However, its main difference is that gives an option to focus on transactions that are fungible, anonymous and private; features missing from bitcoin. Users can choose to transact on a standard public ledger, or they can opt to keep sender, recipient and amount private. In order to become anonymous, Zcash uses a unique approach. The technology that is used by Zcash is the zk-SNARK protocol. This protocol is also referred to as Zero-Knowledge Proof. According to the Zcash team, this technology allows the network to maintain a secure ledger of balances without disclosing the parties or amounts involved. Instead of publicly demonstrating spend authority and transaction values, the transaction metadata is encrypted and zk-SNARKs are used to prove that nobody is cheating or stealing.

Flowchart of Zcash transaction

However, the protocol of zero-knowledge proof is not completely implemented by Zcash as their default protocol. Implementing the zero-knowledge protocol as a default program is the near term plans of Zcash. Due to the absence of this protocol as a default, there is still a public ledger or blockchain that makes it similar to Bitcoin. Only a small percentage (4%) of Zcash transactions used the private zk-SNARK protocol as of the end of 2017, and most wallets don’t support the shielded private Zcash coins.

For those interested in a deeper look into the technology behind Zcash, this article thoroughly covers the underlying tech.

Zcash-Privacy-642x1024.png

Last edited:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I figured with all the new crypto's being made, their had to be some being made that hewed to the untraceable aspect, yep, there are many.

Here are just 2. How would anyone know if fraud was even occurring?

Link to article and other crypto's trying to be untraceable.

Monero

If privacy is a main concern for an investor or consumer paying with cryptocurrency, Monero should be given strong consideration. Monero was specifically designed up front to be a private anonymous currency. Every Monero transaction is fully anonymous, private and secure. Balances cannot be tracked. Transactions cannot be traced. Identities of the sender and recipient are unknown and the transaction amounts unrecorded. No authority can mandate that records be revealed because they cannot be recreated from the blockchain; legal requests for information will be unsuccessful.

The underlying technology of Monero is a complex cryptographic on-chain method. The technologies used are Kovri and Steath addresses, RingCT and the Ring Signatures. The main intent of using these technologies is to protect user privacy. Transactions made on the Monero chain appear to be mixed with other transactions and seem to come from multiple random addresses and display as multiple random amounts in order to keep prying eyes from tracing the individuals and amounts involved in each transaction. Some of the benefits that Monero offers by using these technologies are:

Privacy: no other party can look at the amount or balance of other individuals by evaluating the blockchain. Values are mixed.

Secure: the technology of irreversible cryptographic math helps to secure the wallets and transactions of Monero

Untraceable: the transactions of Monero cannot be tracked on the blockchain due to mixing and encryption

Decentralised: in order to verify Monero coins, all wallets and nodes are equally prioritized

Fungible: irrespective of the place and time, all the coins of Monero have similar market value and unknown prior transaction history.

Monero Info Chart

Monero’s market debut followed generally accepted crypto standards as there were no insta-mines or pre-mines during its launch. One weakness of Monero is that the complicated cryptography and coin pooling used makes the size of the transactions very large. Thus one near-term goal of the Monero team is to update the technologies to make the transaction size smaller. Mining of Monero was deliberately made less resource-intensive than bitcoin by ensuring no specific ASIC mining equipment is needed. Monero mining algorithms run only slightly slower on standard PC’s when compared with ASIC technology, unlike bitcoin which benefits large server farms using ASIC equipment. The team expects this approach will increase the accessibility of Monero and therefore improve interest in the currency. One final criticism often leveled against Monero is the lack of ease of use of the desktop wallet. For more mainstream adoption, wallet access and interface will have to improve.

Zcash

Zcash is similar to Bitcoin as it is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency. Supply is limited to the same 21 million total as bitcoin. However, its main difference is that gives an option to focus on transactions that are fungible, anonymous and private; features missing from bitcoin. Users can choose to transact on a standard public ledger, or they can opt to keep sender, recipient and amount private. In order to become anonymous, Zcash uses a unique approach. The technology that is used by Zcash is the zk-SNARK protocol. This protocol is also referred to as Zero-Knowledge Proof. According to the Zcash team, this technology allows the network to maintain a secure ledger of balances without disclosing the parties or amounts involved. Instead of publicly demonstrating spend authority and transaction values, the transaction metadata is encrypted and zk-SNARKs are used to prove that nobody is cheating or stealing.

Flowchart of Zcash transaction

However, the protocol of zero-knowledge proof is not completely implemented by Zcash as their default protocol. Implementing the zero-knowledge protocol as a default program is the near term plans of Zcash. Due to the absence of this protocol as a default, there is still a public ledger or blockchain that makes it similar to Bitcoin. Only a small percentage (4%) of Zcash transactions used the private zk-SNARK protocol as of the end of 2017, and most wallets don’t support the shielded private Zcash coins.

For those interested in a deeper look into the technology behind Zcash, this article thoroughly covers the underlying tech.

Zcash-Privacy-642x1024.png
Ser, I thought we were talking Bitcoin.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You’ve literally taught us nothing in 75 pages other than how early you retired, and how anti crypto you are…

Of course I haven't taught YOU anything, you're emotionally invested, which is bad, but hey, it's your money. I still hope you do well trading.

I readily admit people have and will make money in crypto (well, except maybe the guys that bought back in April). That doesn't change what it is right now, but that doesn't mean it won't evolve into something else other than currency. That something else is why the money is in crypto.

EDIT: And depending if the D's get both stimulus bills through, because that is going to trigger a BUNCH of financial moves by people. Just one is long term capital gains tax and what people who have held crypto more than a year do.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Of course I haven't taught YOU anything, you're emotionally invested, which is bad, but hey, it's your money. I still hope you do well trading.

I readily admit people have and will make money in crypto (well, except maybe the guys that bought back in April). That doesn't change what it is right now, but that doesn't mean it won't evolve into something else other than currency. That something else is why the money is in crypto.

EDIT: And depending if the D's get both stimulus bills through, because that is going to trigger a BUNCH of financial moves by people. Just one is long term capital gains tax and what people who have held crypto more than a year do.
i have not seen this yet, are you talking about upping the percentage or getting into unrealized gains?

also, am i the only person on earth who's paid taxes on their crypto earnings??

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
i have not seen this yet, are you talking about upping the percentage or getting into unrealized gains?

also, am i the only person on earth who's paid taxes on their crypto earnings??

Upping the percentage, not clear yet how much, looks like at least another 5%, could be over 40%. It doesn't look like unrealized gains will be in this bill.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
i just dumped a decent chunk of change into a shitcoin....super low market cap ($6million)....related to the metaverse....prepared to lose it all...but if this mother pumps!!! Basically trying to find the next low cap that goes 100x

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
i just dumped a decent chunk of change into a shitcoin....super low market cap ($6million)....related to the metaverse....prepared to lose it all...but if this mother pumps!!! Basically trying to find the next low cap that goes 100x

If the bills pass, that liquidity has to go someplace. I'm happy to say that it looks like both will fail with the Pelosi linkage of both bills. Even the low end tax rates they are talking about would drive combined state and federal tax to over 60% in NY, CA and NJ. That is causing some cold feet, the job loss would become a flood and they know it.

nxhappy

Established Member
Do you own a pair of Nikes? Well then , you're supporting child slavery in China making those shoes for 5 cents per day. Same concept you are trying to make. Maybe my crypto is supplying a whore house in China. **** if I know.

I make LEGAL trades and pay my taxes due. That's all I know and all I care. I just want a piece of the pie like everyone else. There will always be drug lords and trafficker's. Nobody can stop them from crypto investing. Not even government. Most people in crypto are individual Whales aka millionaires and billionaires that own large (legal) companies.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Do you own a pair of Nikes? Well then , you're supporting child slavery in China making those shoes for 5 cents per day. Same concept you are trying to make. Maybe my crypto is supplying a whore house in China. **** if I know.

I make LEGAL trades and pay my taxes due. That's all I know and all I care. I just want a piece of the pie like everyone else. There will always be drug lords and trafficker's. Nobody can stop them from crypto investing. Not even government. Most people in crypto are individual Whales aka millionaires and billionaires that own large (legal) companies.

My point on taxes is that depending on how the D's tie all the new taxes together, it could create a mega-sell before the end of the year for all long term (and maybe short term) asset holders to beat the new taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread