BITCOIN

q6543

Established Member
Maybe you guys aren't aware but I am describing the current test models being ran by amazon/whole foods.

You scan to enter, take what you need and leave, no cashiers, no theft.
It's literally going to be the future model.

Like it or not the choice has been made.

q6543

Established Member
Screenshot_20221117-194810_Google.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Maybe you guys aren't aware but I am describing the current test models being ran by amazon/whole foods.

I’ve seen that, used a lot in Asia already.
Extremely fascinating tech.

VegasMichael

Established Member

Would the same digital I.D. be used by every merchant or do you have to have a different one for each establishment? I'd hate to have to have a different one for every store I go to.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Sleep on China at your own risk. I like Pinduoduo.

I've never been interested in Chinese companies, just not enough transparency and no trust in numbers coming out. The news coming out now is grim.

tistan

Established Member

Like it or not the choice has b

I wouldn't step foot in a store that requires me to register with a digital footprint. Eff that.
If you want to keep food stores in your area, you are going to have to adapt. The problem is the amount of theft, and the stores are basically powerless to do anything to stop it. How do you stop it without completely controlling the shopping process and the delivery process? All of us paying customers are the ones picking up the bill for all of the stolen goods walking out the door.

Reminded me of a story a cop friend told me. Home Depot has pretty much taken a hands off approach to theft. Our local HD was just getting hammered in theft, and it was coming from other municipalities because ours was pretty easy to steal from. The police chief finally got fed up with it and told the manager to lock up all the tools and valuables or don't bother calling the police department anymore. Now everything all tools and valuable items are under lock and key.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

FTX contagion keeps spreading: Crypto firm Genesis Block is said to end trading

Nov. 18, 2022 10:16 AM ET3 Comments

• The fallout of cryptocurrency exchange continues to rattle the emerging space as Genesis Block, a digital asset infrastructure firm, said it would put a stop to over-the-counter trading services, Reuters reported Friday, citing an email sent to customers.
  • The Hong Kong-based crypto firm has "ceased trading, as we don't know which counterparties would fail next, so we would rather close out all our positions to regain some of our liquidity," said chief executive Wincent Hung, as quoted by Reuters.
  • In addition, Genesis Block, which has zero connection with troubled crypto broker Genesis, requested its customers to withdraw their funds and the company won't accept new customers.
  • A person familiar with the situation told Reuters that one official at Genesis Block, which used to be Asia's biggest bitcoin (BTC-USD) ATM operator, was previously a director in FTX Hong Kong but resigned from the role in November. Of note, FTX Hong Kong was one of more than 130 affiliates of FTX that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last week.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Unless they have security that stops and ejects people who walk in and don't scan, it won't stop theft.
The ones I have seen, you have to scan your credit card to get in. So the bank is on the hook when the degenerate does not pay.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The degenerates don't have bank cards. They walk in, grab stuff, and run.
What I saw was controlled access doors. Not that you can’t f around with them to get in. Either way I am not going to a place like that. If my community is so f-ed up, I would move.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The degenerates don't have bank cards. They walk in, grab stuff, and run.
Bingo nothing like hovering at the door and when it opens for a customer walk right in. Grab what you want and then leave. There is laws that says exits must be clearly marked and easy to egress due to fire. So you are not controlling anything.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
If you want to keep food stores in your area, you are going to have to adapt. The problem is the amount of theft, and the stores are basically powerless to do anything to stop it. How do you stop it without completely controlling the shopping process and the delivery process? All of us paying customers are the ones picking up the bill for all of the stolen goods walking out the door.

Reminded me of a story a cop friend told me. Home Depot has pretty much taken a hands off approach to theft. Our local HD was just getting hammered in theft, and it was coming from other municipalities because ours was pretty easy to steal from. The police chief finally got fed up with it and told the manager to lock up all the tools and valuables or don't bother calling the police department anymore. Now everything all tools and valuable items are under lock and key.

Both Kroger and Walmart offer shopping services where you don't have to step foot in the store. I'll gladly utilize those, even paying a convenience fee if necessary, in order to keep myself from being added to some digital database.

I'll say again. It's a slippery slope when there is mass registration. I won't be the one volunteering for it.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Both Kroger and Walmart offer shopping services where you don't have to step foot in the store. I'll gladly utilize those, even paying a convenience fee if necessary, in order to keep myself from being added to some digital database.

I'll say again. It's a slippery slope when there is mass registration. I won't be the one volunteering for it.

Do you pay cash for everything?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I suspect we all have been added to many digital databases already. This one is just a little more overt.

We have license plate scanners popping up all around our county. Who owns them? Who manages the data? What is done with the data? They are small black poles with solar panels and cameras (looks like IR capable) on them. No other markings. We live in a digital police state. Most just don't realize it yet.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I've never been interested in Chinese companies, just not enough transparency and no trust in numbers coming out. The news coming out now is grim.
Me neither. Too much governmental interference and control. I mean come on...Where's Jack Ma? He was kept under wraps for like two years. I would perhaps invest in an index fund though. Maybe.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I suspect we all have been added to many digital databases already. This one is just a little more overt.

We have license plate scanners popping up all around our county. Who owns them? Who manages the data? What is done with the data? They are small black poles with solar panels and cameras (looks like IR capable) on them. No other markings. We live in a digital police state. Most just don't realize it yet.
Believe me, I realize it. I just have no control over those things. But I sure as hell have control over walking into a brick and mortar store and submitting to registration just to be able to browse their shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread