BITCOIN

q6543

Established Member
Say it with me.... THE U.S. Securities and exchange commissioner declared Bitcoin and Ethereum ARE commodities.......COMMODITIES.

Not ponzis.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
sure am glad i got out of BITI!

i will say i am impressed with how BTC has held up with the complete and utter shit show surrounding it. missed opportunity on BITO for me

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Binance suspends withdrawals of ankr tokens after private key hack

ANKR-USD -2.10%Dec. 02, 2022 8:37 AM ET2 Comments

• Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, halted withdrawals of ankr (ANKR-USD) coins after a private key, a sort of password that allows users to access their funds, got hacked, the company's CEO wrote in a Twitter post Friday.
  • "Initial analysis is developer private key was hacked, and the hacker updated the smart contract to a more malicious one," Changpeng Zhao explained, adding that Binance froze about $3M that hackers moved to its centralized exchange (CEX).
  • Ankr said it told decentralized exchanges (DEXes) to block trading and noted it will re-issue tokens after the exploit has been assessed.
  • ANKR tokens slipped 3.4% to two cents in Friday morning trading, down from its April peak of around $0.18.
  • The cryptoverse has been stung by a slew of high-profile blockchain attacks in recent months. For instance, Binance temporarily halted its blockchain network on October 7 after an attacker stole 2M of its BNB tokens.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Coinbase forced by Apple to stop NFT transfers on its iOS wallet app

AAPL -0.99%Dec. 01, 2022 5:07 PM ET57 Comments

Coinbase Global (NASDAQ:COIN) said Thursday it has disabled customers from sending non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the cryptocurrency exchange's iOS wallet app given Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) in-app purchase system.
"Apple's claim is that the gas fees required to send NFTs need to be paid through their In-App Purchase system, so that they can collect 30% of the gas fee," Coinbase wrote in a series of Twitter posts.
In response to Apple's (AAPL) demands, Coinbase (COIN) said it cannot comply with the requirement "even if we tried" due to the fact that the iPhone maker's in-app purchase system does not support crypto.
Apple (AAPL) "has introduced new policies to protect their profits at the expense of consumer investment in NFTs and developer innovation across the crypto ecosystem," said Coinbase, while noting the 30% tax makes it a "lot harder" to transfer NFTs to other wallets.
In response to the policy change, Coinbase Chief Legal Officer Paul Grewal said “When someone imposes rules that can’t be followed, you should ask why."
NFTs, which are tradable blockchain-based digital tokens that each represent a unique asset, gained tremendous popularity in 2021, though the broader crypto market downturn has hampered demand for much of the past year.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Some guys continue to stay with the Bitcoins. They are going to go broke very soon.

I am still short and think the value is $1. I can lose my short and pay taxes. I'd rather it go to zero so shorts that goes to zero are not a taxable event. We get the profits tax free.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Markets Insider
Markets Insider

FollowView Profile

The Gemini crypto exchange run by the Winklevoss twins is owed $900 million following FTX's collapse, report says​

Story by [email protected] (Jyoti Mann) • 2h ago

Gemini was founded by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini
Gemini was founded by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini© Gemini
  • Crypto lender Genesis owes exchange platform Gemini $900 million, the Financial Times reported.
  • Gemini, run by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, is trying to recover its customers' funds.
  • It has created a creditors committee and has hired an investment bank to devise solutions.

q6543

Established Member
Just terrible that individuals and companies didn't self custody.
Could've prevented everything as designed.

Last I saw 15 million plus bitcoin have been withdrawn out of the system into cold storage.
Screenshot_20221204-175135_TradingView.jpg
I'm targeting roughly 1.5 million by late 2025 early 2026, if this channel holds.
Definitely need to see a pretty violent reversal soon though.

MG0h3

Established Member

Last I saw 15 million plus bitcoin have been withdrawn out of the system into cold storage.
View attachment 1772072
I'm targeting roughly 1.5 million by late 2025 early 2026, if this channel holds.

What exactly was the “design” of BTC?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Self custody of asset/digital property.

People that got scammed were putting money in, but not withdrawing their property.
SBF/FTX was literally just taking money and writing IOU's.

If I'm selling brand new GT500's for 100k apiece, and people are buying them and then leaving without taking the car/title.
Hell you could sell the same car multiple times because no one wanted to actually take it.
Then everyone showed up at once for their GT500

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

View attachment 1772072

The more BTC put into cold storage, the more price volatility to be expected.

MG0h3

Established Member
Self custody of asset/digital property.

People that got scammed were putting money in, but not withdrawing their property.
SBF/FTX was literally just taking money and writing IOU's.

If I'm selling brand new GT500's for 100k apiece, and people are buying them and then leaving without taking the car/title.
Hell you could sell the same car multiple times because no one wanted to actually take it.
Then everyone showed up at once for their GT500

So it’s a totally unreliable system?

If this was USD, you would have to hide it under your bed basically?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
CoinDesk
CoinDesk

FollowView Profile

Bitcoin Miner Marathon Expects to Recover Less Than Half Its Deposit From Bankrupt Compute North​

Story by Aoyon Ashraf • Yesterday 4:26 PM

Marathon Digital (MARA), one of the largest publicly traded bitcoin miners, expects to recover only $22 million of the $50 million it deposited with bankrupt bitcoin miner and data center provider Compute North.

Marathon – which doesn’t own its mining facilities and uses third-party data centers to park its computers – previously said that it paid about $50 million in operating deposits to Compute North. In its update on Tuesday, the company said it has now written off $8 million of that total, and expects to recover about $22 million of the $42 million still remaining.
That would leave $20 million of the deposit still unaccounted for, and Marathon said it continues "to work with the various parties involved to determine [its] ultimate recoverability."
In addition to that $50 million deposit, Marathon previously said that it invested $10 million in convertible preferred stock and $21.3 million in an unsecured senior promissory note in different entities within Compute North.

Users who are viewing this thread