Black 1997 hardtop seeking match. Loves long drives near the beach.

fejwe

Established Member
1997 SVT Cobra. 116K miles (and change).

PA Racing K-member
Welded Subframe connectors
Hooker Super-comp headers and X-pipe.
Flowmaster mufflers.
Bilstein Sport shocks
Eibach sport springs
Eibach swaybars
JLT Cold Air Intake
Fresh Nitto tires (Theyr'e the road-racing compound) on new 17" wheels.
'03 Cobra A-arms (gives you better steering range)
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates
Maximum Motorsports lower control arms
Ford Racing upper control arms
Ford Racing 9mm plug wires
March underdrive pulleys (Main is SFI approved, others are not)
200 Watt stereo
Ford Racing 4.10 gear
Dallas Mustangs Speedcal (adjusts the speedometer to be accurate with the different gear)

This car is built to handle and corner, and to be street drivable. All the parts I got were the best street parts with at least a bit of racing potential. I know tastes vary, but I think the car handles spectacularly. It's stiff but not rough, and extremely responsive.

The car also comes with a full longblock from a '98, with the same (hard to find) Teksid aluminum block. It's disassembled, and would need a hone/polish. But it'd be perfect if you wanted to stroke or bore the car out. Or just go to heavier internals for forced induction (Cobras came with forged pistons and crank, but the arms weren't forged). The block also has a small crack in the area where the starter attaches, but it's nowhere near the cyllinders and could be fixed easily.

Body is very straight and pretty solid, but the paint is pretty rough. The previous owner had a bad paint job done, and it's now showing paint checking on most panels. She'll need to be stripped and painted if she's ever going to show up in a magazine. I have had a small amount of body work done (dented in a parking lot) but there may be more bodywork needed depending on what the previous owner did before that bad paintjob.

I'm really hoping whoever buys her will adore her :)

Asking $9500. I'm in the Detroit area.

Users who are viewing this thread