Established Member
This is sweet!

BM2085-numbered-2048x891.jpg

BM2085-rear-v2.jpg

BM2085-1st-floor.png

BM2085-WHITE.jpg

BM2085-WHITE-REAR.jpg

A BLACK (OR WHITE) BARNDOMINIUM WITH A BUNK ROOM OVER THE GARAGE​

This gorgeous barndominium boasts a two story 26′ vaulted ceiling in the great room and staircase that leads to a private loft bedroom and full bath. The first floor master has a custom shower, double vanities, a freestanding tub and a 8’X11′ master closet. A large eat-in kitchen with walk-in pantry and a door that leads to a grilling porch is right off the kitchen area. The large mudroom leads to a full glass breezeway that leads to a 3 car garage with a bonus room and additional bathroom and bunkhouse with 964 SF. This barndominium is set up for a growing family or a family looking to downsize for retirement.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I are discussing something like this when we move.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Yeah, I love it. A few years back, I bought large two-family and built a garage addition, spent a lot of money. But I would rather have had something like this. My original goal was to custom build using mostly concrete and steel; hurricane and fire proof as much as possible, and forgo homeowner insurance. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would love something like, but I only need half that house space and I'll keep the garage space as is.
Very nice. Love that style.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I plan on building a slightly scaled down version of this:

Those condo/hangars at Stearman Field in Benton are much more impressive in person. There are a few styles there and the one I liked the best (northern most) has the hangar portion in the rear and the living area facing the runway. Has lots of patios and on the top floor is smaller but nearly all glass, and has a large patio where you can sit and watch aircraft takeoff and land with an unrestricted view, but they are more common on the north end as aircraft typically land from the north as we usually have south winds. Tyler's father's condo is more in the middle. And best of all they have a great restaurant on the east side of north end of the runway called the Stearman Grill. Awesome food and it's relaxing watching aircraft take off and land as it's right where most aircraft touch down. A few times a year alot of us will meet up for a cruse and then go eat there as we can park on the tarmac. The hangars and condos line the east side of the field while the west side is about a half dozen large houses with hangars and personal taxiways. All this is in the country NE of Wichita, next to a small town. Just a very unique place.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
20220213_133332.jpg
20220213_133723.jpg
20220213_133649.jpg

Last edited:

ZWilson07

Established Member
This is sweet!

BM2085-numbered-2048x891.jpg

BM2085-rear-v2.jpg

BM2085-1st-floor.png

BM2085-WHITE.jpg

BM2085-WHITE-REAR.jpg

A BLACK (OR WHITE) BARNDOMINIUM WITH A BUNK ROOM OVER THE GARAGE​

This gorgeous barndominium boasts a two story 26′ vaulted ceiling in the great room and staircase that leads to a private loft bedroom and full bath. The first floor master has a custom shower, double vanities, a freestanding tub and a 8’X11′ master closet. A large eat-in kitchen with walk-in pantry and a door that leads to a grilling porch is right off the kitchen area. The large mudroom leads to a full glass breezeway that leads to a 3 car garage with a bonus room and additional bathroom and bunkhouse with 964 SF. This barndominium is set up for a growing family or a family looking to downsize for retirement.

Any idea of a rough cost back when stuff was normal?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

How "slight" are we talking, Sid. LOL. A building like that does offer a lot of opportunity. I still like the Barndominium, though.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Those condo/hangars at Stearman Field in Benton are much more impressive in person. There are a few styles there and the one I liked the best (northern most) has the hangar portion in the rear and the living area facing the runway. Has lots of patios and on the top floor is smaller but nearly all glass, and has a large patio where you can sit and watch aircraft takeoff and land with an unrestricted view, but they are more common on the north end as aircraft typically land from the north as we usually have south winds. Tyler's father's condo is more in the middle. And best of all they have a great restaurant on the east side of north end of the runway called the Stearman Grill. Awesome food and it's relaxing watching aircraft take off and land as it's right where most aircraft touch down. A few times a year alot of us will meet up for a cruse and then go eat there as we can park on the tarmac. The hangars and condos line the east side of the field while the west side is about a half dozen large houses with hangars and personal taxiways. All this is in the country NE of Wichita, next to a small town. Just a very unique place.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using TapatalkView attachment 1738027View attachment 1738026View attachment 1738024

Waiting for the first dumb **** to move in and complain about the noise. What happened to all the tracks around here :-(

Enough money in that pic I don't think that'll be a problem.

quad

Established Member
Any idea of a rough cost back when stuff was normal?
I have no idea. I am curious myself. The price would depend on how you finish it on the inside. The sky's the limit there. I could see it turn into a million dollar build easy! I guess where you build matters also.

quad

Established Member
I really like that! It's practical, beautifully designed, functional, and just darned nice. I'll take mine in black, please.
Yep I like the black finish also. So does my wife and a few others that looked at it. In a cold climate I can see the black finish work well. However in a warm climate like Texas or Florida I think the white finish would be more practical because it reflects the sun better.

These days flat commercial rooftops have a white TPO finish which helps to reflect the sun and the product lasts longer. A few decades ago rooftops received a black EPDM finish that would absorb the sun's heat leading to more heat gain in the buildings and the EPDM would not last as long. You can now get white EPDM but TPO seems to be more popular I think.

Sometimes TPO or EPDM roofs receive a gravel ballast on top of it which would also help to reflect the sun and increase the lifespan of the TPO & EPDM and help weigh them down making adhesives and mechanical anchoring unnecessary. Birds however would pick up the gravel pieces and then occasionally drop them on cars or people lol. So then they started putting netting over the ballast to prevent the birds from picking at some of the smaller pebbles.

ballast2-972x1024-1.jpg

quad

Established Member

The space that provides is amazing! I always thought a large moment frame home would be cool! The spiral stair off the mezzanine would be a pain to use to transport furniture etc. up though. I would make it a straight, wide stair. I guess a hoist or forklift could be used if the guardrail is temporarily opened up. The spiral stair does look cool however and it takes up less space (not that there's a lack of lol!).

0814-sp-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread