Black Cobra's '05 Concept (nose job)

robert patrick

Established Member
Agreed, and what I would prefer is a 67/68/69 mix for the front end. I am currently paying the lease on a 2000 LS for my exwife, may be the reason I do not like the look on the concept car.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I did see the Mustang GT concept, the 427 Concept, and the Ford GT. My daughter video taped the show; she did not use the digital camera. However, she will put the video on a CD, and if I have trouble posting it (I've never done this before) I'll send the CD to a member who would post it. The Mustang GT was as good up close as it appears on the internet. And, where I felt that the '03 was too youthful a look for my wife and me to have, the Mustang GT eliminated that problem. In addition to the Mustang GT, Ford did it right on the 427 Concept and the Ford GT.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Cool, Did you get to hear the Mustang GT Concept at all? Did they say how much HP the production model will have?

Last edited:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
No, I did not hear the Mustang GT Concept, and if they divulged production hp, I did not hear them say it. I did spend quite a bit of time there but perhaps not enough.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
keep the original. the whole idea was for it to be like the 68 or 69 mustang and have retro look to it. plus i think the original way looks better

AlexB

Banned
I think 05s look like horse (specifically mustang) crap -- every car maker's turning out these retro looks and I'm getting sick of it -- way overplayed.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I dont think the 05 Mustang looks too bad, but I do agree that the retro trend is getting old and retro styled cars themselves get old too quick IMO.

Last edited:

fordert

Established Member
I don't know how to say this, but the Mustang GT Concept doesn't come across that retro when you see it in person. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. It's very sleek looking in person and you're not really thinking "retro" when you look at it. When you read all the retro hype about the car on the internet and then look at the pictures it will come across as retro. If you go the autoshow and look at '03 Stangs next to the concept, the concept looks much more modern. I can tell you that I changed my opinion of the car after seeing it first hand, I even liked the tailights.

Last edited:

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
I must be retarded because I dont see any of the pics here, and I've always considered myself atleast halfassed computer literate.

davidmax

Established Member
I can see 1 of each in my garage my F series ATI 800 rrwhp and a red twin turbo Vert to boot.We shall see what I can afford this Mineral Grey pup is a 75k setup at cost and 0 labour.Were waiting on another coil pack 1 for each cylinder bank and instead of of breaking up at 5100 rpm and laying down 618 rrwhp this will red line at 7400 rpm on 104 octane and whack out 800+ rrwhp and about 860 rrwtqe.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread