'Black' national anthem to be played before Star Spangled Banner in NFL.....

Machdup1

Established Member
We will survive two national anthems. It just gives me the opportunity to feel good about my country twice.

We will survive people taking a knee during the anthem. It is a form of peaceful protest and I support every American’s right to peacefully protest. They can peacefully protest because there were not a full two scoups of Raisin Bran and I won’t be the least bit bothered.

Last edited:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
We will survive two national anthems. It just gives me the opportunity to feel good about my country twice.

We will survive people taking a knee during the anthem. It is a form of peaceful protest and I support every American’s right to peacefully protest. They can peacefully protest because there were not a full two scoups of Raisin Bran and I won’t be the least bit bothered.
Watch a guy protest the Black National Anthem and see if he is treated "peacefully"...

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member

Are you allowed to protest at work, while your on company time, getting paid? I doubt it. I would bet you would be reprimanded and eventually terminated after multiple offenses.

I know I’m not allowed to do it.

These illiterate entitled assholes are supposed to be doing their job, as pointless and useless as it is, they are still getting paid insane amounts of money and are “on the clock”. They need to shut the **** up, stand for the anthem to honor the people that have DIED for our freedom and country that allows these thug assholes can make millions playing a child’s game. Not a single one of them are oppressed, majority of them know nothing about daily struggles and would shit their pants if they had to put a vest and badge on, or go overseas in a war to fight for this country Etc. They are useless and as far as I’m concerned they contribute nothing to society beside shitty entertainment.

As far as the “black anthem” it’s a ****ing joke. The national anthem covers ALL Americans. If you put a color in front of American your the racist and the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
There is a host of things all going on at the same time, and it gets difficult to sift through it all to make any sense out of what is going on.

The NFL knows who watches/attends their games, and I am sure they have decided this is a smart move for them.[1]
I am with the OP, I have not watched the NFL since they started kneeling. I love my country, and I believe in freedom for all equally. I do not believe in "systemic racism" as the word systemic is defined, except for stupid groups that are obviously racist, or hate Jewish people, or hate white people, or hate any other group.

I feel the same way about NASCAR, and the Chinese loving NBA.

But the NFL might be an example to learn from. You have players, they are individuals. The players join a team, and although personally they have nothing against other individual players, if the other players are on another team, they become the enemy, and must be defeated.

Isn't that what ANTIFA, the KKK, BLM, and more are doing? They are telling us what team (group) we are on as individuals (players) and as such, we need to hate the other players on other teams.

I won't do it, I refuse to be placed by someone else on a team, or in a group.

I am more than happy to stop watching these sports as the sports pander to one group or another. They have forgotten we are all Americans.

I still meet individuals (no matter what race, creed, sex, etc...) and treat them as I would want to be treated. I break the ice with people almost daily and make them see who I am, and I'm not part of a group, or on a team.

Stepping off my soapbox, sorry to be so heavy.

E

1. The idea of companies/organizations/people straddling the political fence by giving money or access to both political sides simultaneously is nothing new.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Desean Jackson's Instagram post. Kevin Durant liked it and so did JR Smith. Quoting Hitler hahahahaha, unreal.
image_260992270008_19700119_054929.jpeg

Posts and likes are not mine.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
These illiterate entitled assholes are supposed to be doing their job, as pointless and useless as it is, they are still getting paid insane amounts of money and are “on the clock”. They need to shut the **** up, stand for the anthem to honor the people that have DIED for our freedom and country that allows these thug assholes can make millions playing a child’s game. Not a single one of them are oppressed, majority of them know nothing about daily struggles and would shit their pants if they had to put a vest and badge on, or go overseas in a war to fight for this country Etc. They are useless and as far as I’m concerned they contribute nothing to society beside shitty entertainment.

As far as the “black anthem” it’s a ****ing joke. The national anthem covers ALL Americans. If you put a color in front of American your the racist and the problem.

Most people would be reprimanded at the very least. Myself, well, I don't take political, religious, social, etc.., advice from people who would have major issues spelling the name of the city where they play and sound brain damaged. Thirty years ago my father was at a Georgetown Hoyas game and he sat right behind the bench. His exact words were "I couldn't understand ANYTHING they were saying." The coach and players sounded like they were playing a game in a rundown city rather than at university. These over paid, under worked prima donnas are always crying and bitching about something well beyond their mental capabilities.........

AssPikle

Established Member
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I don't get it, but isnt the sheer nature of segregating something such as the black national anthem discrimination in itself? How is this going to allow people to want to see each other as equals? Isnt that what everyone wants? Not to be seen or treated differently simply based on the color of their skin?

kaz109

Established Member
Are you allowed to protest at work, while your on company time, getting paid? I doubt it. I would bet you would be reprimanded and eventually terminated after multiple offenses.

Not only do I not agree with anything that you just said it's probably one of the dumbest things I have read. But sadly it's not surprising.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Not only do I not agree with anything that you just said it's probably one of the dumbest things I have read. But sadly it's not surprising.
I disagree with your disagreement, other than if the company lets you protest, you get to protest. How's that for civil disagreement.

Blown 89

Established Member
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I don't get it, but isnt the sheer nature of segregating something such as the black national anthem discrimination in itself? How is this going to allow people to want to see each other as equals? Isnt that what everyone wants? Not to be seen or treated differently simply based on the color of their skin?
I was informed this morning via CBS news that seeing everyone as equal is (I shit you not) racist. Seeing people as people and not colored is (I can't believe I'm saying this) ignoring racism and means you are (how the **** are these people so ****ing stupid).....racist. Unbelievable. Apparently I'm racist because I choose to ignore people's race and treat everyone like people. This country is ****ed. It truly is.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I was informed this morning via CBS news that seeing everyone as equal is (I shit you not) racist. Seeing people as people and not colored is (I can't believe I'm saying this) ignoring racism and means you are (how the **** are these people so ****ing stupid).....racist. Unbelievable. Apparently I'm racist because I choose to ignore people's race and treat everyone like people. This country is ****ed. It truly is.

musclefan21

Established Member
Why are they politicizing the game?? It’s a game! People go there to watch the damn game and get away from everyday problems and BS. Now they are just not letting people escape and disconnect at a game by shoving political nonsense into their faces. I don’t care what your political beliefs are and what’s right or wrong. If I am going to watch a game whether on Tv or in person, I am there to watch the game and relax, not be part of some political movement

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Why are they politicizing the game?? It’s a game! People go there to watch the damn game and get away from everyday problems and BS. Now they are just not letting people escape and disconnect at a game by shoving political nonsense into their faces. I don’t care what your political beliefs are and what’s right or wrong. If I am going to watch a game whether on Tv or in person, I am there to watch the game and relax, not be part of some political movement
Same reason they politicize movies, TV shows, books, news, school classes, video games and comics...

To brain wash you into their cult so you become a follower and accept Communism as your one and only savior. All hail Communism!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

You sure know how to make a compelling argument for your position! Sadly, it's not surprising.

AssPikle

Established Member
The fact that this is the only reply either means I'm right and nobody supporting the movement wants to admit it, or I'm completely off base and they dont want to bother to react. I'm guessing it's not the later.

C-Tidda

Established Member
If it was up to me I would skip the national anthem all together. I would introduce the players and start the game.
I think having a black national anthem is dumb. I thought it was a joke when I initially heard about it.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

The NFL started the shit back in 2001 or so whenever they started taking money to play the anthem and promote the military. Personally I think they should just play the game and remove ALL the propaganda.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

It’s a segregation ploy. They the nfl is saying skin color is not equal and should be looked at as different. It’s completely baseless and wrong!

All True! Great post! The only thing I will add is these players(the ones protesting) do nothing on their own time to help out there supposed communities or people.
There is a host of things all going on at the same time, and it gets difficult to sift through it all to make any sense out of what is going on.

The NFL knows who watches/attends their games, and I am sure they have decided this is a smart move for them.[1]
I am with the OP, I have not watched the NFL since they started kneeling. I love my country, and I believe in freedom for all equally. I do not believe in "systemic racism" as the word systemic is defined, except for stupid groups that are obviously racist, or hate Jewish people, or hate white people, or hate any other group.

I feel the same way about NASCAR, and the Chinese loving NBA.

But the NFL might be an example to learn from. You have players, they are individuals. The players join a team, and although personally they have nothing against other individual players, if the other players are on another team, they become the enemy, and must be defeated.

Isn't that what ANTIFA, the KKK, BLM, and more are doing? They are telling us what team (group) we are on as individuals (players) and as such, we need to hate the other players on other teams.

I won't do it, I refuse to be placed by someone else on a team, or in a group.

I am more than happy to stop watching these sports as the sports pander to one group or another. They have forgotten we are all Americans.

I still meet individuals (no matter what race, creed, sex, etc...) and treat them as I would want to be treated. I break the ice with people almost daily and make them see who I am, and I'm not part of a group, or on a team.

Stepping off my soapbox, sorry to be so heavy.

E

1. The idea of companies/organizations/people straddling the political fence by giving money or access to both political sides simultaneously is nothing new.
I know it’s a dumb move based on the loss of attendance and viewership. This will make it ten fold worse. Nike lost almost $1 billion by paying off kaep. Which by the way, he’s done nothing but profit for doing nothing.

It is!

When you are employed you do as your leadership wants. If they allow kneeling cool. If they don’t, they are not taking your rights. Just quit, work for someone else. That is your right. Or better yet start your own business.

Once you are not on the clock, you do have the right to protest, teach others, protect others, learn from Leo and work with your community teens and leaders. The employer can not take this away nor has any nfl owner tried. The problem is that nfl players kneeling or protesting while being paid millions on the clock don’t do a damn thing on their free time.

Sure many nfl players have done wonders for their community on their(Brees, Warrick Dunn, and others) and have made a termendous difference in thousands of lives. Kaep started a race war, that has killed hundreds if not thousands, in a position that paid him millions, all while worshiping Castro who has killed and enslaved millions over the years.

How do you get involved?
Meet with local Leo.
Go through their training.
Go on multiple ride alongs.
Teach the kids in your community. Help them go to school university or trade.
Help them start businesses.
Help keep their families together help out their parents to keep the family unit together.
Teach them to grad high school, get a job and get married before having children and your almost guaranteed success in this great nation!
3 things. 3 simple things that anyone, any color, any economic background can do to be successful!
Do the people kneeling and complaining about justice do any of this on their time?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The NFL started the shit back in 2001 or so whenever they started taking money to play the anthem and promote the military. Personally I think they should just play the game and remove ALL the propaganda.
IMO calling the anthem and any recognition of people (regardless of color or political affiliation) propaganda is offensive. Who do I go cry to who will feel bad for me?

Users who are viewing this thread