Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I was always a fan of Black Panter growing up reading comics. Not my favorite, but up there. The first movie was fine, and they have thus far did a good job showcasing his capability in all the movies his character has been in, but from what I am reading about the new movie after the death of Chadwick Boseman, the franchise has gone full woke and is not worth watching. Anyone here went to see it yet?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I was always a fan of Black Panter growing up reading comics. Not my favorite, but up there. The first movie was fine, and they have thus far did a good job showcasing his capability in all the movies his character has been in, but from what I am reading about the new movie after the death of Chadwick Boseman, the franchise has gone full woke and is not worth watching. Anyone here went to see it yet?
wait, Wakanda isnt REAL??

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
My son did...

He said it's "okay" and is not as good as the first one... kinda was bored with it too.

He wouldn't say any more...

mariusvt

Established Member
Sadly I've lost almost all interest in the Marvel movies with Disney looking to replace all characters with women or PoC. It's all pandering. I'm ok with it if it's something from the comics but they are taking full liberties these days.

LS WUT

Established Member
I agree. Even the new “Candy Man” was just full of White man bashing. I just shook my head. My niece has Williams syndrome, so she’s so special needs. We watched the 1992 Alldin the other day. There is a disclaimer about how the movie has some racist scenes, and such.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Will wait till it's "free" to watch on the Disney app.

Don't care to go to the theaters for most movies.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Black Panther is a looser
step-brothers.gif

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Disney feels the need to inundate the market but clearly the emphasis is on quantity over quality. Bad actors and bad scripts demanding good dollar for a movie ticket. No thanks. I'd rather watch the 1994 Fantastic 4 movie all day long on repeat rather than the crap produced today.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I was a huge fan of the Marvel Universe that they built, from the original Iron Man up to Endgame. The occasional lecture, but nothing too distracting.

Since Endgame, they have been horrific. The second Dr Strange was the worst movie I had ever seen . . . until the next Thor. Both were absolutely terrible with awful plots, goofy characters, and in-your-face woke lectures that are tiresome.

I'm done giving these movies a chance. This Black Panther will be full of "Girl Power, Yay!" and I'm not interested.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I saw it. It had a lot less woke and male bashing than the movies after endgame. And they dialed the humor back substantially. I'd rate it a 7/10. There were some plot holes and such but overall it was pretty entertaining.

They did a bit of pandering to various groups but it was a lot less unobtrusive than the last 3-4 releases.

As a huge fan of the MCU through endgame, the latest phase of movies with their blatant and obvious pandering, white guy bashing, over the top humor, and afterthought scenes of such were ridiculous. She-hulk may as well have been the "she-woman man haters club". Show me a single guy in that series that was represented as a decent person and not a pig or an idiot. They even completely changed daredevil's personality to fit the narrative. They have taken Thor, who is literally a God, and made him look like an idiot. The whole tack of Thor and StormBreaker having an awkward spot in their relationship is ludicrous.

Hey Marvel, your CORE audience is middle aged white guys. Here's a thought, why not pander to them a bit? Even better, give us super heroes kicking butt, taking names, and skipping the woke BS for those that still watch the news. Here's some news for you - we are tired of hearing about it, the whole point of going to the movies is to get a break from real life. If we wanted to keep rolling with the woke, we'd roll along with the national news and other such sources.

It's a MOVIE, people are there for ENTERTAINMENT and not for a LECTURE.

Whew, don't get me started. :D

Users who are viewing this thread