Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

TORQUERULES

Established Member
If it’s like the last Thor it’s a hard pass for me. Too much propaganda, make your millions playing a fictional character and move on. I don’t need another “outlet” spewing that shit everywhere
I haven't seen the new Thor yet because of this. I loved the other movies, but really don't want it ruined by going full woke.

Iron Man 1 is still my favorite. Pretty much perfect superhero movie. Then Deadpool and Thor Ragnarök.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I saw it. It had a lot less woke and male bashing than the movies after endgame. And they dialed the humor back substantially. I'd rate it a 7/10. There were some plot holes and such but overall it was pretty entertaining.

They did a bit of pandering to various groups but it was a lot less unobtrusive than the last 3-4 releases.

As a huge fan of the MCU through endgame, the latest phase of movies with their blatant and obvious pandering, white guy bashing, over the top humor, and afterthought scenes of such were ridiculous. She-hulk may as well have been the "she-woman man haters club". Show me a single guy in that series that was represented as a decent person and not a pig or an idiot. They even completely changed daredevil's personality to fit the narrative. They have taken Thor, who is literally a God, and made him look like an idiot. The whole tack of Thor and StormBreaker having an awkward spot in their relationship is ludicrous.

Hey Marvel, your CORE audience is middle aged white guys. Here's a thought, why not pander to them a bit? Even better, give us super heroes kicking butt, taking names, and skipping the woke BS for those that still watch the news. Here's some news for you - we are tired of hearing about it, the whole point of going to the movies is to get a break from real life. If we wanted to keep rolling with the woke, we'd roll along with the national news and other such sources.

It's a MOVIE, people are there for ENTERTAINMENT and not for a LECTURE.

Whew, don't get me started. :D
Well put!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw it. It had a lot less woke and male bashing than the movies after endgame. And they dialed the humor back substantially. I'd rate it a 7/10. There were some plot holes and such but overall it was pretty entertaining.

They did a bit of pandering to various groups but it was a lot less unobtrusive than the last 3-4 releases.

As a huge fan of the MCU through endgame, the latest phase of movies with their blatant and obvious pandering, white guy bashing, over the top humor, and afterthought scenes of such were ridiculous. She-hulk may as well have been the "she-woman man haters club". Show me a single guy in that series that was represented as a decent person and not a pig or an idiot. They even completely changed daredevil's personality to fit the narrative. They have taken Thor, who is literally a God, and made him look like an idiot. The whole tack of Thor and StormBreaker having an awkward spot in their relationship is ludicrous.

Hey Marvel, your CORE audience is middle aged white guys. Here's a thought, why not pander to them a bit? Even better, give us super heroes kicking butt, taking names, and skipping the woke BS for those that still watch the news. Here's some news for you - we are tired of hearing about it, the whole point of going to the movies is to get a break from real life. If we wanted to keep rolling with the woke, we'd roll along with the national news and other such sources.

It's a MOVIE, people are there for ENTERTAINMENT and not for a LECTURE.

Whew, don't get me started. :D

That's pretty racist and awfully MAGA of you, Johnny.

Go take a few swings at the driving range and settle down a little.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
That's pretty racist and awfully MAGA of you, Johnny.

Go take a few swings at the driving range and settle down a little.

Image1668530492.015093.jpg

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
NO way will I watch a Black Panther movie without Chadwick Boseman. My kid likes Black Panther (not sure if that's allowed, I'm white, my wife is Colombian, can anyone ask a liberal if that is cultural appropriation or rAcIsT?) but he noticed the real Black Panther wasn't in the trailers.

I'm with most here, I did enjoy the Marvel movies up until Endgame. They switched gears so quickly to garbage. So much content recently and most of it is trash. The only Disney branded thing recently that has been any good IMO is Andor.

With Warner Bros and DC starting to get their act back together, I'm just waiting for more Matt Reeves and Battinson to get my superhero fix.

Reaper14

Established Member
As someone born in Mexico I agree. I have yet to run into someone claiming to be Latinx. I think most of us would bitch slap someone for claiming that. Would be more of a reflex.
My wife said she will probably be arrested for what she does if someone calls her Latinx.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Between the commercial or two I’ve seen and the name, zero chance I’ll ever watch this.

Same story with anything on BET.

But I guess both sides do it. Black people made a show called “White People Shit” that makes fun of whitey.

But then again, I guess we have Live Pd.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread