Black PC'd or Polished Alternator

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
Anybody got one? Maybe even a 200 AMP. I am going to be picking one up when my truck goes back together and was wondering if anybody had a PC'd or polished one. Where'd you get it and how much?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Let me know what you find out Clint. That was the one thing that I completely forgot to address on my build was the alternator.

I'd like to break it down and get the case powdercoated to match the rest of my engine.

1990stanggt

Established Member
I can vouch for the quality of the PA Performance alternators. I have had one of their units on my Mustang for about 4 years now with absolutely zero issues. It still looks/works as good as the day I put it on. If you want a solid alternator, they are a good choice.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Place local to me has a polished looking pc. I have always wanted to do that to my alt and some of the other underhood stuff

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Depends, my stocker has 78,000 miles on it. I wouldnt know right now if it went because of age or because the new motor just draws more amps and puts more load on it. But if I had a choice, I would go with the stocker again. I think some things dont really need to be changed for something bigger or better.

Users who are viewing this thread