Blew out spark plug from head

OKSnake08

Established Member
Best fix? Pull the head and have a machine shop fix it. Real world solution? There are plenty of kits to fix this for mod motors , be patient and walk away if you need to and you can fix it yourself

railroad

Established Member
I think the tools to make this repair without pulling the head are available. ,,,,seems like the dealers have a tool that cuts, threads and puts an insert in, no sweat. I am sure someone that is more familiar with the fix, will speak up. Pulling the head would be my last option.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
There are many different kits available, but the only Ford-approved out-of-warranty repair is the "Lock-n-Stitch."

That's the one that I used on my Cobra (over the fender). It's not bad if you just take your time and keep it as clean as possible.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
lock n stitch or time cert - they have a mechanical means to prevent the insert from backing out where a helicoil does not. You want to make sure to use an aluminum insert since it's an aluminum head

Theres no need to remove the head to fix it. Make sure to check plug torque from time to time on the remaining cylinders.

Users who are viewing this thread