Blew up the Boss!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Finally found the limits of the stock Boss motor. It lasted a lot longer than I expected. Car was making 870 rwhp on a Mustang dyno through the auto at 18psi (3.5" pulley.) Decided to throw on the 3.25 pulley and head to the track and that was all she wrote!

New L&M motor coming soon!

btw, the 1.47 60ft was accomplished with sway bar attached, 1500rpm launch, 2.73 gears, BMR UCA, LCAs and KW V3 coilovers setup for the street.

[youtube_browser]Q94c1EIqVjU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Well you knew it was a matter of time. RIP...or in pieces in this case.
Hope the new motor goes in smoothly..

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Well you knew it was a matter of time. RIP...or in pieces in this case.
Hope the new motor goes in smoothly..

Yeah, now I don't have to anticipate every week. LOL
Thanks! Hopefully the car will be back up and running in a month or so.

oldmodman

Established Member
Damned impressive result from a stock motor. :thumbsup:

And even more that you saved it and didn't get hurt.

I will be interested in your experience with L&M. They will probably be my builder of choice.

Tracy, do you still have your amazing blue Cobra? It's still the best looking Cobra ever:bowdown:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
850rwhp is damn impressive for sure, think you'll shoot for 1000 with the new longblock?
No. Low 9s, 210mph in the mile is the goal. Not really a dyno# seeker.

Damned impressive result from a stock motor. :thumbsup:

And even more that you saved it and didn't get hurt.

I will be interested in your experience with L&M. They will probably be my builder of choice.

Tracy, do you still have your amazing blue Cobra? It's still the best looking Cobra ever:bowdown:
Michael's motors are doing some amazing work in some of the fastest cars in the country. I know I'll be happy with the new build!
I do still have the Cobra. Looks like she might see some action now that the Boss is down for a little while. ;-)

It always costs a lot more when u blow it up. For the guys on the edge fix it before it breaks.
Well the whole purpose of pushing this car was to find the edge. I have several boosted Boss customers who will benefit from this experiment. ;-)

grnenvy

Established Member
Racerat my post wasn't for u I know u have that covered. It's just most guys just don't understand the $$ spent when fixing a bucket of bolts. Good luck with L/M they used to build all my old school 347s Mike is top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread