Block Questions

Nerevarine

Established Member
Recently i had the horror of a piece of metal falling into my number 8 Cylinder. The cylinder wall has been damaged enough that i will need a bore to fix. I currently have Probe forged pistons and besides the one that had the piece of metal they are golden. There is no damage to the rest of my rotating assembly as the piece never left the cylinder and the motor only turned over a few times.

Now i have an 03 mach one aluminium block available to me . The question I have for you all is do you feel the aluminium blocks are strong enough to handle 1k hp or should i just do the bore and stick to the cast iron?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know where the Mach1 aluminum block stacks up next to the Teksid or 05+3v blocks. The 05+ 3v blocks are the strongest 4.6 aluminum block they made and can be found cheaply all over the place. Id go that route before going iron block personally

Nerevarine

Established Member
I dont know where the Mach1 aluminum block stacks up next to the Teksid or 05+3v blocks. The 05+ 3v blocks are the strongest 4.6 aluminum block they made and can be found cheaply all over the place. Id go that route before going iron block personally
So would you say the 3v blocks are stronger then the Teksid blocks or about the same. Also is there any differences in configuration between the 3v block and the 4v's

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the 3v block works just fine, thats what they used in the 4.6 aluminator motors from ford racing.

the 3v blocks have something like 20lbs more aluminum in them compared to the Teksid and from what I've read survived more than 2x the duty cycles of any other aluminum 4.6

Nerevarine

Established Member
the 3v block works just fine, thats what they used in the 4.6 aluminator motors from ford racing.

the 3v blocks have something like 20lbs more aluminum in them compared to the Teksid and from what I've read survived more than 2x the duty cycles of any other aluminum 4.6
Thanks for the info

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I read recently Livernois also mostly uses the 3v block on their engine builds.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The teksid and 3v block will both handle WELL over 1krwhp. The Mach 1 WAP block will hold more than likely as well but it is technically weaker than both of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread