Blower/turbo Set Ups ?

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
If anybody has some personal reviews on Procharger,Paxton,Vortech....or Hellion turbo set ups from the 2005-2007 mustang gt, just tell me what you thought of the kit and what power you are making.

I just picked up a 2007 gt.. and waiting to see what power adder I might get ! ( as far as right now Im thinking Hellion turbo system is the way to go for 9-10 of boost):idea:

Any info would help out !:poke:

TurboS197

Established Member
I've made as much as 650RWHP on 17lbs of boost with my Hellion'd 05. Turned down to 10lbs I make right at 500rwhp.

TurboS197

Established Member
yeah, stock for now....want to keep it together for awhile! Would like to concentrate on suspension and some other items before a new short block.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
TurboS197 said:
I've made as much as 650RWHP on 17lbs of boost with my Hellion'd 05. Turned down to 10lbs I make right at 500rwhp.

How was the install of the kit ?

what kind of fuel pump set up did it come with ?

TurboS197

Established Member
Install was easy, Saturday morning on the jack stands and ready for the dyno on Monday. I put a $90 Ford GT pump in it.

SlwSVT

Established Member
Hey TurboS197,

Where abouts are you in Alb? I live here in Belen and have a 06GT. I am adding a Vortech to it for now. Did you have Nate tune your car?

Mike

Burke

Established Member
It wasn't on your list but I am running the Saleen Series VI and it makes for a great daily driver if you ar eleaving the engine stock

With the bypass valve on the unit, just normal crusing keeps the heat and wear down on the engine - but put your foot in it and your boost is right there.... :D

I am still just running the stock 4 inch pulley (4lbs boost) and the car is pretty sweet ......:rockon:

You can go with a JDM kit and move to a 3.80 pulley (5.5 lbs boost) or 3.60 (7.5 lbs which is supposed to put you at 425 rwhp) and still be plenty safe on stock internals.....

Users who are viewing this thread