Blown 93 Cobra owners...in here please.

JKD

Banned
Hey guys, I was wondering how you guys are finding yourselves measuring up to the Terminator guys?

I've got a couple of buddies with ported Steggy Cobra's and a couple of twin screw guys. I was wondering what you guys have experienced with running against some of these fellas. :coolman:

~Ray~

Established Member
Lb for Lb, Smoking em... I don't have a intercooler & I'm still making way more power then them on pump gas. I smoked a 17lb my little 12lbs during WFC but then again ours weigh what 700lbs less then theres, anyhow understand we have alot better flowing heads available for our cars aswell as cams, etc, etc.

Last edited:

9T3SVT

Established Member
I can hold my own with slightly modded ones (CAI, Exhaust, Predator) but some of those guys have way more top end than me (and a 6th gear) My neighbor has an 03 vert, off the line it was neck & neck, once we reached 120mph he just kept going. Once I get my new motor I'll make him cry :uh oh:

The new Boss 302 block coming soon........

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Well knowing first hand how fast they are, my 03 had 475 to the wheels and ran a best of 11.89 at 117 on street tires. My 93 with only 6 lbs of boost dished out 435 to the wheels ran a best of 12.4 at 117 on street tires aswell. But the potential was there. The weight factor helps us Fox guys alot. Whats the rule of thumb? about every 100lbs of weight = a tenth of a second off the 1/4? But anyways...
Im sure once I get my new turbo dialed in its going to be hard to find a Terminator to race me straight up. the transmission im getting is going to be able to handle the power I will be putting out aswell too, so I wont be scared to shatter the stock T5 at the track with drag slcks :) Im pretty sure low 11's high 10's are VERY close for me soon enough.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
When I was blown, I did not have a problem either.

70 kick I put 3-4 lengths on one. He was in 3rd, I was in 4th. We just ran that one time and neither one of us ever shifted.

The other ones I raced it was just up to which ever one of caught traction first. (usually me :-D )

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Unfortunately when my last '93 was supercharged (R-trim), Terminators were just a fantasy.

However, when it was turbocharged, at ultra low boost I could atleast keep up with the modded ones (low 12's). Even then I still had a better top end. At moderate boost I could beat the majority (mid 11's), and at high boost, it wasn't even a race (mid 10's).

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm sort of surprised you guys are able to stay with them but I do remember thinking how much lighter my black 93 Cobra felt compared to my 04. I would think that instant tq would help out allot on the Termi but its also pushing the extra 600-700 lbs. :beer:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Lb for Lb, Smoking em... I don't have a intercooler & I'm still making way more power then them on pump gas. I smoked a 17lb my little 12lbs during WFC but then again ours weigh what 700lbs less then theres, anyhow understand we have alot better flowing heads available for our cars aswell as cams, etc, etc.
How much power are you considering as "way more"?

~Ray~

Established Member
Well @ 13lbs of boost I'm making over 500 to the wheels @ the dyno there were guys running in the upwards of 17lbs only making like 450-485 to the wheels & that one had cams & exhaust, etc, etc. So I'm making 25-50 hp to the wheels @ 13lbs vs's there 17lbs & atleast 50-75 more hp to the wheels @ the same boost levels.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
450-485 hp at the wheels at 17 lbs sounds about right for an unported Eaton and a few mods.

At only 11 lbs my Term made 493, but that was with a stage III port, .020 bore, and a few other bolt ons. I know my '93 at 11 lbs with the turbo won't make that much power, but it'll still be faster because of the weight difference. AND, with the turbo, my '93 will have a LOT more torque. I'm talking about a stock '93 cobra engine. A built one will obviously make more power.

adamb258

Established Member
you better not let jeremy see ths thread! I dont knwo much about your setup but i do think you will suprise them more than you think.

racerbox77

Established Member
I love hearing that twin screw wine. of course around top of 3rd its hard to hear because of the fact im ahead. Not too many termis are in the 122 123 mph in the quarter around here.

buddha93

Established Member
I can honestly say I've never come against one, but mine only sees about 1000 miles a year.

Most guys in the area know the car is blown and tend to stay away.....LOL! I wouldn't say I'm the king of the, but when hooked up, the car flat gets with the program.......much faster than a blown LX I had that ran 11 oh's on slicks.

Weight is everything, but those 03/04's have some serious top end.

JKD

Banned
adamb258 said:
you better not let jeremy see ths thread! I dont knwo much about your setup but i do think you will suprise them more than you think.

Jeremy isnt dumb, he does his research too. :-D

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I'll have to say the same for mine as buddha. Mine sees about 3 or 4K a year and is all stock with the exception of the 8 lb paxton, long tubes, big pump, K&N, 3.55's, and MSD.

Last time at the track (Hub City raceway, Hattiesburg, Ms) it spun the qtr in 95 degree August heat on worn out Gator's at high 12's @ a best of 111 mph. I just couldn't get it outta the hole.

blown...

Last edited:

FoxSnake

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Unfortunately when my last '93 was supercharged (R-trim), Terminators were just a fantasy.

Like you, terminators were still a fantasy when my car was blown. Still, though, 124-125mph on 17" DR's, pumpgas, and 10psi was where she used to run. Not too many running that on 10psi...but then again, I dont keep up with them much. Of course, my car ran at 3370lbs, compared to the big boats.

~Ray~

Established Member
Well you got to remember there Positive displacement blowers, so there making alot more power downlow aslong as they got traction there gonna pull mike :cuss:

Mine wines as loud as a 03 Cobra, I love it :rockon:

FoxSnake

Established Member
~Ray~ said:

Just curious if you've ever had your car on a dyno. 331 and a Screw blower must put out some insane off-idle torque. Bet it's a beast on the street - if you can hook it up....

Users who are viewing this thread