blown bullitt first time out

wicked96gt

Established Member
Finally got out to a 1/4mile track for the first time this weekend. Car is built and has a paxton blower on it making 498rwhp. I am running toyo proxes tqs 315s out back. Best run was a 12.04 @120 with a 1.93 60ft. My mph was consistent from 119-121mph. The car still has more in it just need a better 60ft. I have a set of 15s with hoosier dot drs at home that will be going on the car next time out when I tow the car to the track. Hoping to get booted from the track for not having a cage!

clc44

Established Member
Pretty strong. Big and littles would be night and day. Good luck, very good MPH for the 2V, would def catch someone off guard.

wicked96gt

Established Member
love thy bullitt
Thanks

Pretty strong. Big and littles would be night and day. Good luck, very good MPH for the 2V, would def catch someone off guard.
Yes I need some big and littles but dont want to spend the money on them right now. with the mph the car is good for 11s. On my 12.04 run I finally got to race a cobra that ive been wanting to run. He had 454hp and 470tq. But on the launch he snapped an axle.

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
Any suspension work done to the car?? I was pulling 1.9x and worse 60's with 125mph traps @ 12.0x in my cobra on nitto drags with jus lowering springs...that is completely blowing the tires away through 2nd. I ordered 10 way adjustable strange shox n struts and a set of mt et streets. The result was 1.65 60' 11.45 @ 126 after dialing in the tire pressure and shock settings on a very humid day.

Good luck and love them bullits!

wicked96gt

Established Member
Any suspension work done to the car?? I was pulling 1.9x and worse 60's with 125mph traps @ 12.0x in my cobra on nitto drags with jus lowering springs...that is completely blowing the tires away through 2nd. I ordered 10 way adjustable strange shox n struts and a set of mt et streets. The result was 1.65 60' 11.45 @ 126 after dialing in the tire pressure and shock settings on a very humid day.

Good luck and love them bullits!

FLSFC, UPR upper and lower control arms, and lowering springs.I want to get some new shocks and struts. But I think for now once I get some better track tires Ill be good to get near 11.5s

clc44

Established Member
Thanks

Yes I need some big and littles but dont want to spend the money on them right now. with the mph the car is good for 11s. On my 12.04 run I finally got to race a cobra that ive been wanting to run. He had 454hp and 470tq. But on the launch he snapped an axle.

Nice, I'd love to have a sleeper. Maybe a little spray on a 2V in my future lol.

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
FLSFC, UPR upper and lower control arms, and lowering springs.I want to get some new shocks and struts. But I think for now once I get some better track tires Ill be good to get near 11.5s

My vote would be for the MT's hands down and MH Racemaster second. JMO, but the MT's made a huge difference on my car.

2004Droptop

Established Member
Finally got out to a 1/4mile track for the first time this weekend. Car is built and has a paxton blower on it making 498rwhp. I am running toyo proxes tqs 315s out back. Best run was a 12.04 @120 with a 1.93 60ft. My mph was consistent from 119-121mph. The car still has more in it just need a better 60ft. I have a set of 15s with hoosier dot drs at home that will be going on the car next time out when I tow the car to the track. Hoping to get booted from the track for not having a cage!

Nice run. Where did you go Fayetteville?

Stang Lover

Established Member
Good times. My friend was running those numbers spinning down the track last week. A few more suspension mods & tires you'll be knocking on 10's door.

Need to take me for a spin in that next time you bring it out.

May93

Established Member
The Bullitts with a blower are a definite sleepers. My son runs a Kenne belle on his.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Niceee, I got mine down to an 11.78 @ 122 (so far) with a crap 1.86 60'.. All stock suspension with 275/50/15 Mickeys.

Users who are viewing this thread