Blown DSG 96 Cobra

ChipR4cam

Established Member
Some of you may recognize this car. I bought it from a friend of mine who had it for sale a while back. I took a job about four hours from where I live now. I will be driving back and forth a lot, so I need something I don't mind putting a ton of miles on. The car has a little over 110k on it, but it has been diven less than 10k since it was built.

Blower stuff- The car has a Vortech S-trim with GT impellar upgrade with a 3.0 pulley, 3-core procharger intercooler, HKS racing bypass valve, 90mm LMAF with MAFextender, SCT chip tuned by modular powerhouse, and a GI JOE 8-rib pulley kit

Engine and fuel system -Forged shortblock built by modular powerhouse, Manley rods, Manley pistons, 8.5:1 compression, ARP head and main studs, billet oil pump gears, billet trigger wheel, stock heads and cams, heads were decked and had a valve job done by a local machine shop Stock intake with accufab single blade throttle body. It has a Cartech stage 3 fuel system with twin pierburg 255lph high pressure pumps, intank pickup, -8 feed line, -6 return line, aeromotive regulator, UPR fuel rails, seimens deka 60# injectors

Exhaust-FMS shorty headers, Dr.Gas o/r x-pipe, Mac tailpipes and borla pro XS mufflers.

Drivetrain- a pro 5.0shifter, t-45 trans, new MMR RTB 700 clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, mac upper and lower control arms, driveshaft loop

Exterior -Cobra R hood, saleen S-281 wing, boyd coddington F07 forged 2-piece wheels 18x9 and 18x10 with almost new michellen pilot sport tires, eibach lowering springs, car was painted DSG in July 2004

Interior- stock black with A-pillar mounted fuel pressure and boost gauges.

The car has been to the track twice on slicks. It has run an [email protected] with a 1.7 60'. That was a 3500rpm launch.

It dynoed 491 but has had a little tuning since. It picked up 3-4mph in the quarter so it should be around 525.

I'll take trades. Top of the list is an SVT focus or 01 up Mustang GT. I'm asking $15,500 for the car, and it's negotiable.

I'll have to get some pictures, but here is an old one of the car.

Last edited:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Omg... the first time I saw this color on ur car I had wet dreams for a week... BEAUTIFUL man simply BEAUTIFUL>

TTT for ya.

HIErPwRd

Established Member
b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

ive got a bunch of pics of this on my harddrive if youre not able to come up with them.
gotta love DSG on an SN95

ttt for you...

Candace 02 GT

Established Member
ChipR4cam said:
you are really far away...how would you want to do it?

If you're talking to me, I'd drive out to AL. I can take more pics of my car, whatever. I'd only make the trip if it was a done deal though, as I'd have to take off work. I'd like to see more pics of yours as well, if possible.

I'll PM you my number and we can hash out details if you'd like. I am very interested.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
Wow. :bowdown:

I would love to trade you my 03 Sonic Blue GT with full bolts ons for that.
I'll think about it and if you still have it, and you want my car, maybe we can work it out.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat. That car sounds awesome. I have a 03 Silver GT vert with 21k miles and some bolt ons. Might be willing to trade for your car plus cash sometime in the near future. Been lookin for something faster, including SN95 cobras and this is the nicest I've seen. Any more pics?

Users who are viewing this thread