Blown Engine!!!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Less then 50lbs compression on number 2 cylinder, burning oil, smoke screen from the exhaust, running like crap. Long stoery short here, I'm guessing the rings are fryed. Slight valve train noise, possible piston dmg, may be even block dmg. Dealership wants 7k for a new long block and install. (Not gonna happen)

What I'm looking for is to fix this in a very small budget. I'm very able to do the repairs myself, so what I'm looking for is parts.

Right now I'm looking for rings, pistons, rods, and gaskets.

Once I rip into the block, thier may be more dmg. (God I hope not) So depending on the extent, I may be looking for a new block in the near future.

Who's got the connections I'm looking for? Any help is very much appretated. Thanks Guys.

:beer:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Cant help ya with parts... But just wanted to say sorry about the bad luck Bro. You have helped me out alot in the past (With Knowledge) So I will be keeping my eyes out for the parts also ;-)

HTPerformance

Hey Halftime,

We can get a block built within the week.

SVT Block
Bored and honed
Supertech Pistons (we have 8.7:1 comp in stock)
Rings
Eagle Forged Rods
Balanced rotating assembly

Options:
Stock replacement longblock (50k miles): $1575 shipped
Built Shortblock (as above): $2250

We also have a built high-compression shortblock, but I know you have the Vortech blower on your car.

We have some options for headwork as well.

Let us know what you are looking for and we can price it out.

Brian @ HTPerformance.net

HalfTime

Established Member
Thanks Jason, I'll always do what I can for someone if posible.
Good looking out Mike, thanks.
Brian, You awesome, PM is being sent...

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
Damn bro! how did this happen? You have also helped me out in the past with some good advice and I will ask around for you! I was thinking about getting that smaller supercharger pulley but i want to keep it safe due to the fact that our engine has high compression. I will be going to strictly performance in Houston in a couple of weeks for more dyno tuning and getting a seperate tune for race gas!

HalfTime

Established Member
Good luck with the dyno tunning, hope you get the numbers you're looking for. How it happened, well, it's just one of those things that you have to live with when you boost a N/A stock block. Well, I'm living with it, but life aint easy right now let me tell you. lol This is gonna cost my wife n I a pretty penny to get this back on the road. I wish I was well off (in terms of money) like some of the guys on here... wishfull thinking.

HalfTime

Established Member
svteric said:
do you think i am safe with my boost setting?
You are probally close to what I had, and if that's the case, I think you're on barrowed time as well. I'd try to talk to Tom, and ask him what he thinks the stock rings are good for. Mine has been boosted from 25k miles, saince that time, the only stock parts that couldn't hang was the clutch, and the rings. The intake boots on the manifold are also on thin ice, they've poped off before under boost. I'm close to pegging the MAF as well, so I'd say 16lbs of boost is probaly the max the stock intake, and MAF can take. jmo.

Please also keep in mind that my car not only has bean running 15lbs boost for 25k miles, but it has bean down the track more times then I can remember. For 6 months I was running 2-3 times a week, but over the last 4 years, I've ran at least twice a month minus deployments, and the last 6 months in Wisconsin. I've ran it hard over the years.

Oh, I also just rolled over 33k on the clock.

HTPerformance

Lucas we have a variety of options we are putting together for you. Just let us know when you get an idea of how much funding you have and I'll send it thru.

This will also help us get the engine and head packages up on our website for others to buy in the future.

Cheers,
Brian

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
well i am not at 15psi.. i am 11-12. And I have performance boots on the intake manifold.

Last edited:

HalfTime

Established Member
Sweat Brian, will do!

Eric, got a picture of those boots, or a link? Hell, I'd really love to get that custom sheet metal intake I've seen, but too much cash...

HTPerformance

HalfTime said:
Sweat Brian, will do!

Eric, got a picture of those boots, or a link? Hell, I'd really love to get that custom sheet metal intake I've seen, but too much cash...

Yeh, down the road we can get you a manifold to go with the blower!

HTPerformanceStage2IM.jpg

We are currently updating the design to improve the power/torque characteristics.

The silicon couplers for the stock manifold is probably your best bet for now, it is just 2" diameter couplers with new clamps. CFM sells the kit for $20, you may be able to get clamps and boots cheaper than that elsewhere though.

HalfTime

Established Member
Brian, that is damn sharp! Let me know when you got one set up for boost.
Oh, and thanks guys. I'll look into those couplers, but I really think I just need locking clamps, the stock hose screw clamps suck.

Users who are viewing this thread