Blown Mach 1 vs new GT-R

DRK HRS

Established Member
The rain's gone so all the nice cars are coming out to play again! I ran into a new GT-R that didn't even have a real license plate on yet. Not a NISMO, just a regular GT-R. Never had a chance to run against a recent model so I switch lanes and pull up beside him and downshift so he knows I want to go. We slowed down to about 30 and he honked it off. It was close!! He ended up pulling on me by about half a hood length by 60.

We slowed back down and tried again, this time I just spun the tires and got destroyed... that AWD is cheating.

We did one more run, this time from a 40 roll. Again he was about half a hood ahead by 60 but this time we kept going to 90, and once I got into third I actually started creeping back up and was ahead by a foot or two! That was awesome, I did better than I thought I would. He said my car looked good and I told him his does too, he gave me a thumbs up and turned off onto another road.

Honestly I thought I was just going to get destroyed the way everybody talks about those cars. That made my day. Next upgrade... tires! :pepper:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice run. I surprised many with my vortech. Surprised you're not running more boost with your intercooler set up? You could squeeze another 40 hp out of her for sure.

Joewee500

Established Member
First race was 30-60 and second was 40-90? Pretty short runs, especially the first one. Sounds like your car is pretty strong though. Thanks for the post.

DRK HRS

Established Member
Nice run. I surprised many with my vortech. Surprised you're not running more boost with your intercooler set up? You could squeeze another 40 hp out of her for sure.

I've been thinking about it. I kept it where it's at because I didn't want to blow it up, but you're right I think I can do more safely enough. Might take it back to my tuner to up the boost a little bit before summer rolls around. Like 480 to the tires would be pretty good. I'd be happy with that.

DRK HRS

Established Member
First race was 30-60 and second was 40-90? Pretty short runs, especially the first one. Sounds like your car is pretty strong though. Thanks for the post.

Yeah, I know. We were on a main city road didn't want to get too nuts, it was enough to get a good idea of how the cars compare. Maybe I'll meet him again on the highway some time. 3rd and 4th gears are where my car seems to do the best work.

Last edited:

DRK HRS

Established Member
I was talking to my tuner today, he said he wouldn't really recommend more than about 470 and that's pushing it. Says it's basically a ticking time bomb after that.

How long were you guys running those Machs with 480+ and how badly did you abuse them?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Don't go it unless you can stomach having to rebuild or buy a new short block. And you can never have enough. I'm just under 600 on a Mustang dyno and I want more lol. I keep thinking just another 50-70whp, yeah that will be enough...

DRK HRS

Established Member
600-700 rwhp is my dream, nice man! Yeah, I got this car with 405 rwhp. I was upgrading from a bolt-on '99 GT with 260 rwhp.

The Mach with 405 seemed so fast, then had it upped to 450... for months I was like I WILL NEVER NEED MORE THAN THIS!! Now it feels slow, lol.

Dammit... shoulda got a terminator!

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Switch to corn and crank her up! Then start saving to build as the itch will return lol

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I ran around with my buddy's 2016 after I helped with some bolt ons (should have run him stock lol). I had a passenger and a full tank, he was alone with half a tank and we were just running around to see how they stacked up (I honestly was granny shifting super slow to baby the Trans). You'll see in the videos I was making more power and pulling, but slow shifting vs an auto at these power levels is instant death lol. You can see a few runs at the end of the video
https://youtu.be/eWeHC7CRmco

Noreiga

Established Member
How long were you guys running those Machs with 480+ and how badly did you abuse them?

475 on my mach for 3+ years of daily driving and it was fine until the guy who bought it tinkered with something and it let go. I'd beat on it occasionally, but definitely didn't abuse it. Luckily his stupidity resulted in me getting it back with a fresh drivetrain so no complaints from me.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I was running 480-485 but I had every bolt-on imaginable, electric water pump, snow meth kit, headers, full racing exhaust, you name it. I beat that car for 100,000 miles before I sold it and bought a Lightning. She ran like a top, never gave me any engine trouble. Tore a clutch up, went through tires like crazy.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
OP, that's pretty awesome.
Without that AWD, you would have had him on more than 1 dig. DR's should help! Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread