Blueprint 331 crate motor 3000 Mi less than 2 years old hydrolock

brian279

I have it in the Mustang shop in Long Island they are in communication with blueprint Motors because the motor is still under warranty for another 10 months what could have caused such a catastrophic failure?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brian279

And no I didn't run it through a river it's hydrolocked with antifreeze LOL

ToddW702

Established Member
I am not sure what could of happened. But I am curious how blueprint handles this. Best of luck to you. I hope they do the right thing for you and also give some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

brian279

I am not sure what could of happened. But I am curious how blueprint handles this. Best of luck to you. I hope they do the right thing for you and also give some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Well there was a problem with the intake leaking as soon as they put the motor in and they took care of right away hopefully now that the warranty only has 10 months still treat me the same way I mean the motor only going at 3000 miles on it.. ty I just hope they don't try to pin it on me say says my it's fault

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What type of crate motor? Shortblock? Longblock?
When you said intake leak, who installed the intake?
I hope it goes well.
-J

brian279

I believe it's a 302 long block I bored out out the 331 it is a blueprint engines with EFI engine overheated once last summer because when I went to go started the car cover front fell over from the wind blowing on the front radiator and did not get any air but it drove fine afterwards had to replace the hose to the radiator

brian279

What type of crate motor? Shortblock? Longblock?
When you said intake leak, who installed the intake?
I hope it goes well.
-J
The original engine had a Chinese elberon Ford GT40 knock off on it and it had a crack in it and the food was coming out with started it so blueprint used warranty to fix it but we throughout the Chinese piece of junk intake and bought Edelbrock RPM performer 2

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe it's a 302 long block I bored out out the 331 it is a blueprint engines with EFI engine overheated once last summer because when I went to go started the car cover front fell over from the wind blowing on the front radiator and did not get any air but it drove fine afterwards had to replace the hose to the radiator

What happened?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is unfortunate but sounding like user error not Blueprint assembly or parts issue.
Plus it’s really hard to understand with what you’ve posted.
I understand not everyone has mechanical knowledge and has to start somewhere, but you’ll have to be able to communicate with Blueprint better than here if you want to have hope they’ll help out.
With a history of overheating and having swapped intakes, it sounds like something on your end that caused water into the cylinder to then hydro lock.
I’m sure it’s not cheap, but might be an expensive learning lesson.
Good luck.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread