Bluetooth quit working

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
I have a 2013 with Nav that had intermittent bluetooth and now it has quit all together. When I try to turn bluetooth on via the phone settings it turns on then back off when I navigate back to it. I tried a Master reset and Factory Defaults reset and neither of those reset anything. I have done the sync update a few months ago and have had issue since then.

Any thoughts? Anyway to re flash the unit? I feel like its a software/firmware issue.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Mine started acting hinky a couple months back, I ran the update again while driving to work and it started working correctly again.

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
removed and reinstalled the fuse and that had no change. I tried to update it again but it fails every time with wrong version or not enough space. I think once it updates you cant re flash the update. Really don't want to take it to a dealer to fix it.

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
What phone do you have? My iPhone has been really spotty after the last update (not the new iOS 9 that just came out this week) and I've had the same issues in my Infiniti so I've concluded my is an apple issue.

mrpork

Established Member
im having a problem with the sync just understanding my commands. it pairs up no problem then when i give it a command for a certain # it reverts back to the old phonebook(im the second owner)

FordIVTteam

Established Member
im having a problem with the sync just understanding my commands. it pairs up no problem then when i give it a command for a certain # it reverts back to the old phonebook(im the second owner)

Hey mrpork,

Shoot me your VIN in a private message and I'll take a look at your software. After that, I'll provide you with troubleshooting steps.

Rebecca

Sparko

Established Member
I have a 2013 with Nav that had intermittent bluetooth and now it has quit all together. When I try to turn bluetooth on via the phone settings it turns on then back off when I navigate back to it. I tried a Master reset and Factory Defaults reset and neither of those reset anything. I have done the sync update a few months ago and have had issue since then.

Any thoughts? Anyway to re flash the unit? I feel like its a software/firmware issue.

I have been having SYNC issues as well...when a call comes in it works fine but then it will not disconnect...it just freezes everything...no radio...no phone...nada. The only way to fix it is to turn the car off...open the door....close it...then restart to motor. SYNC then resets itself. This happens every time I receive a call. Royal Pain in the A**

Sparko

Established Member
hi Rebecca...I have a new Iphone 6. The phone has been recently updated but the problem I have been having has been on going. I have not upgraded SYNC

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Rebecca, we all greatly appreciate your responsiveness and the info you graciously provide, so please don't take this as a personal criticism but...

Why is it so hard for Ford to FIX the problems many of us have had, regardless of phone make/model/version, since our cars were new? Like many others, I eagerly loaded the 4.4 update when it came out, hoping it would cure the system's chronic flakiness. As we now know, it did not. We've read reports of a 4.5 version, originally forecast for release in August, for months. We're still waiting. All of which brings me back to my original question: Why is it so hard for Ford to FIX the buggy (and, in light of that buginess, over-priced) entertainment system?!?

FordIVTteam

Established Member
hi Rebecca...I have a new Iphone 6. The phone has been recently updated but the problem I have been having has been on going. I have not upgraded SYNC

Thanks! Shoot me your a PM with your VIN when you get a moment please.

Rebecca, we all greatly appreciate your responsiveness and the info you graciously provide, so please don't take this as a personal criticism but...

Why is it so hard for Ford to FIX the problems many of us have had, regardless of phone make/model/version, since our cars were new? Like many others, I eagerly loaded the 4.4 update when it came out, hoping it would cure the system's chronic flakiness. As we now know, it did not. We've read reports of a 4.5 version, originally forecast for release in August, for months. We're still waiting. All of which brings me back to my original question: Why is it so hard for Ford to FIX the buggy (and, in light of that buginess, over-priced) entertainment system?!?

Thank you, Norton; I don't take it personally. :)

All I can say for now is that my support team is working on it. Please sit tight and continue to periodically check your Owner account.

Rebecca

w15j

I have a Samsung 6 and have experienced Bluetooth connected but no audio output. My workaround is just turn the radio off and reconnect again. I have an updated firmware and on positive note Pandora is a feature that can used as a media player for my Shaker sound system just as long your connected to Bluetooth and you have downloaded Pandora.

kpl88

Same problem just started happening to me. The bluetooth keeps disconnecting. Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I've tried factory resetting and unpairing the phone. I also tried to reinstall but it keeps saying installation failed.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I installed 4.5 on mine.. but I have Oasis.. and a VCMII.. it works fine. I have had no issues.. I maybe able to load it onto a USB drive and try and put it up somewhere for download.. I can try.. otherwise take it into a dealer and ask them to install it

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
removed and reinstalled the fuse and that had no change. I tried to update it again but it fails every time with wrong version or not enough space. I think once it updates you cant re flash the update. Really don't want to take it to a dealer to fix it.

It maybe that your actually SYNC module is bad.. they are extremely failure prone... I feel you about the dealer.. one reason why I have my own Ford drag tools.. 1200 bucks.. but lets you do a lot of things at home.. if you were to order a new module off eBay.. you could install and program it yourself at home..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread